• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• The Jets will try to trade Sanchez
  • To:All
  • 12/19/12
  • jsmet
According to New York Daily News reporter Manish Mehta, the Jets will attempt to trade Sanchez in the offseason:
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546861.3 was deleted
  • 12/19/12
  • jsmet
As long as he dont start another game I dont care what they do with him
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • murphstates

I really don't know what the answer is. They take a massive cap hit if they cut him and I can't see who would take on his salary in a trade.

I usually disagree with a lot of what Clark Judge says, but he had a realistic plan. Bring in a veteran QB, trade Tebow, draft a developmental QB in the third or fourth round and go into camp with it clear it's an open competition for the job and if Sanchez doesn't win it outright, you cut him and take the hit.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • MetObserver
Can he play the outfield and bat right handed.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • DFAB
What if they actually committed 100% to Tebow? What if they traded Sanchez to a team who could give them a decent RB in return? A young solid RB could really help the Jets, especially if they run a Tebow offense. They would obviously have to pay his entire salary. Committing to Tebow and improving the running game can't be worse than the offense was this year.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • sheadro
Two problems with that. They aren't committing to Tebow and they aren't getting a decent RB in return. At best he will net them a late draft pick, that is if a team doesn't think they could just wait for him to be cut. How often do you see player for player trades in football in these kinds of circumstances? You rarely see teams trade players for players that are losing their starting job.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • jsmet
Lets see what McElroy can do next 2 games.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/20/12
  • CoBrA
I went nuts on this board when they gave sanchez an extension, everyone was like its not a big deal etc etc, yet i get proven right AGAIN.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/20/12
  • govmule72

"Lets see what McElroy can do next 2 games."

Yes.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/20/12
  • Remember86
Maybe the Mariners trade Ollie Perez and Jason Bay for Mark Sanchez? LOL.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/20/12
  • almandareo357

I totally disagree with bringing in a veteran to compete with Sanchez for the job.
Sanchez does not seem to respond positively when you try to "motivate" him.

Jets Management should spend their time trying to make the team better (ie Wideouts and RBs), instead of constantly testing their QBs mettle. Just let him be, worry about developing an offensively philosophy, sign and draft some players.

They spend way too much time focusing on who their quarterback is, this is ridiculous.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/20/12
  • Remember86
If anyone on the Jets needs to be moved it's Mike Tannenbaum. He's done everything he could the past two years to show how many poor player moves a GM can make. The talent base on both sides of the ball has decreased the last two seasons to the obvious detriment of the team. Sanchez may very well not be THE guy, but the deconstruction of the team from their two championship game seasons hasn't helped.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/20/12
  • Tahsin

No GM in the right mind will trade for Mark Sanchez and take responsibility for the 17 million that Sanchez will represent next season (irregardless of being cut or traded), especially for anything of value.

Let's face it. Sanchez is a very very expensive backup at best.

Thank Tenenbaum, the engineer for the current state of the Jets. What was he thinking with the Sanchez recent contract?!?

Thank Rex Ryan for sticking his job security with a failure that everyone knew Sanchez was. After last game, Rex Ryan finally had the realization that Sanchez is not an NFL quarterback (looking at his reaction at the end of the last game and starting McElroy next game).

Thank Sporano for taking credit for his QB coach's wildcat design and utilizing a system/understanding that might not work in college ranks. What was Sporano thinking with the Jets around 25 yard line, running game had decent results, slightly under 2 minutes left...lets allow Sanchez to make one more turnover to seal the miserable season as a failure. Analysts were questioning that move.

Thank Sanchez for being the miserable QB that he is. No excuses. The Jets limited the range that Sanchez threw, knowing that Sanchez will not be able to complete long passes with efficiency. Decision making questions were exemplified last game in the last pick that Sanchez threw, staring down a receiver...pump fake...throw 20+ yards without planting...and ask (in sideline) where the safety came from to intercept the pass. Combine that with the current inept running game (result of stacking as they do not respect Sanchez) and it is a recipe for a disaster of an offense.

P.S.
I do not blame Tebow at all. Tebow chose Jets over Jags with the belief that the Jets will utilize him in their system. It was probably inferred from conversations with Jets faculty before attaining Tebow.

Tebow has not been a success, but it is not like he had a chance. The guy is supposed to come into games with animosity/indifference from fans and some teammates to lead an offense that ran the ball vast majority of the time (by him or RB). With the understanding of the Jets has used Tebow, opposing defensive coordinators played for the run (with short pass coverages). Combine that with the inability to get consistent and consecutive snaps will not allow almost any QB to get rhythm (six completions in eight attempts this entire season).

Though the analysts seem to excuse Sanchez for not being in rhythm due to Tebow getting a few reps, it does not seem to apply backwards for them. Try being on the bench 95% of the offense, and be called into do wildcat with premise that Tebow will not throw majority of the time. Do you really think that was a recipe for success?

Edited 12/20/12   by  Tahsin
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/20/12
  • sheadro
Well it is a big deal bc he is nearly untradeable because of the money owed and a huge cap hit if the cut him.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/20/12
  • nutz4pugs

Gotta agree with your assessment of the offense. I wrote in another thread that this offense has an identity crisis. It has to decide what kind of offense it's going to be before settling on your QB.

Until they make that decision, the QB question will always be unsettled.

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/20/12
  • ddiscostu
What does Womanish Youhta say ?Sanchez won't be traded now because of the huge cap hit - a year later maybe . Tebow should be traded to the Jaguars who were the only other ones besides clueless Jet owner Stiffy P enis who thought getting a QB who can't throw the ball in a pass dominated league a good idea ! For now hope McElroy does well and target a QB in next year's draft - after firing GM Tannenbum . If they are serious about getting a shot Michael Vick then they have truly lost their idiot minds !

Edited 12/20/12   by  ddiscostu
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546861.19 was deleted
  • 12/20/12
  • Kranesback
I like that plan...I would like it better if getting rid of tabbebaum and Ryan was part of it, but I like it.
  • Reply to this Message