• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• A bird in the hand...
  • To:All
  • 12/19/12
  • metsfanforlife

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush...

I'm still in shock with this moronic logic of sending the best player on your team away...for some form of 'hope' for the future... Why yearn for more hope, when you have victory upon you?!!!

LETS GO METS!!!

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • beltrain15

"Why yearn for more hope, when you have victory upon you?!!!"

Just think about that question as it relates to this team for a second. "Victory" = 4th place?

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • metsfanforlife

Victory equals if the Mets turned to the left last year in lieu of the right, they could have beat San Francisco and won the World Series... Put that in your pipe and smoke it...

LETS GO METS!!!

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • TheFriNgE

The saying is: "a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush!"

I have to hope for the future, the birds in the bush are fledglings, so they're easier to catch.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • metsfanforlife

Yeah, that makes more sense. I googled it and found both definitions and didn't think it through too well!!! You catch my drift though!!

True about the future part.

LETS GO METS!!!

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • Remember86
Is this your shtick to get attention or what? Dickey needed to be traded for the long range good of the team. There were 74 victories "upon us" last season when R A was a Cy Young Award winner. It's not like we're on the edge of a championship team and trading Dickey ruined it.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • pt1028

>>>Victory equals if the Mets turned to the left last year in lieu of the right, they could have beat San Francisco and won the World Series...<<<

Wow, just wow.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • fargol
He's clearly sleep deprived.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • JamesHetfi3ld

Yes. And I could win the lottery tomorrow.

I often wonder how people this delusional function in a normal society... Tell me, what makes this 74 win team different from all of the other 74 win+ teams that didn't beat San Fransisco? I can't wait to hear this one.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • metsfanforlife

Yet we were within 3 games at the all star break... You should question management on why we went straight into the toilet...not me for wanting to keep the best player on the team, and look at ways of improving...

LETS GO METS!!!

<<<Is this your shtick to get attention or what? >>>

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • metsfanforlife

Did you not watch last season? No 'wow' about it. We were contending ALL of the first half. No need to trade away your best guy in hopes that we might compete next century!

LETS GO METS!!!

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • metsfansince89
1st half. yay!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • MeetTheMess

The reason you can catch one of the fledglings is because he has a bad knee and a bad back.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • jets_mets

Dickey played the entire last season injured. Hes going to be 39 next season. The injuries for him will only get worse. We aren't winning this year and maybe not next season. Ill take a bright future over a still underwhelming now.

Dickey has been here 3 seasons and we had losing seasons all 3 years. Time to build for the future.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • metsheart
"Just think about that question as it relates to this team for a second. "Victory" = 4th place? "

FOUR yrs in a row??
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • TheFriNgE
The umpires are against us? (jk haha)
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • metsheart
"we were within 3 games at the all star break"

ASG was July 10th. Mets were 4.5 gms out. Pittsburgh was in 1st place in NLC. St Louis was in 3rd place. Detroit was in 3rd place in ALC 3.5 gms out (ChiSox in 1st). Texas was 4 gms up over the Angels & NINE gms up over Oakland in ALW!!

THAT'S why 1/2 season = NOTHING!!!

Gotta play 162 to separate the contenders from the pretenders!!!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • MetObserver

No one liked the team last year and everyone says they played above their heads in the first half. Especially Wright who was tearing it up. And of course Dickey was the recipient of many runs in the first half, enough to have a 12-1 record helping to make him the CY winner. What happens next year if the team doesn't have a terrific first half and is terrible from the start. What kind of a season would Dickey have then? Even if he pitched excellently. Do you think he comes close to 20 wins? I don't.

He might in Toronto and if he does I will be very happy for him. But here the owners don't have the money to surround him with the offense that would propel him to another great year and hopefully to a WS ring.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • reinman43
Johnny, I think you are jealous that the Yankees aren't going younger and building their farm system like the Mets, wasn't it awesome watching the Yanks tank again lol, lol.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • metsfanforlife

What does the name 'Johnny' mean to you? Are you talking to me?

LETS GO METS!!!

• Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Beautiful play!
Latest by elguapo111 - 12:10 PM
Since those first 3 games...
Latest by ewok54 - 12:10 PM
Brian McCann
Latest by Bwaah - 12:07 PM
Knock Collins all you want!
Latest by elguapo111 - 12:05 PM
Chris Young batting .200, anyone surprised?
Latest by elguapo111 - 12:03 PM
Oh, and BTW.. Davis is 0-9 and at .227
Latest by panthernet - 12:03 PM
Minor League Baseball
Latest by miracl3met - 12:00 PM
Musician Name Game
Latest by jereviens - 11:54 AM
It's a shame we passed on Abreu and Cruz...
Latest by ucpatoi - 11:53 AM
Three Funniest Posters
Latest by jereviens - 11:43 AM