• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• outfield help!
  • To:All
  • 12/18/12
  • metsreef

Why I actually like the Cowgill pick up as a 4th of potential platoon guy with Kirk can we please make a move that involves getting a impactful outfielder. We have expendable luxuries in the minors and players like Carlos Gomez, Dayan Viciedo, Peter Borjous, are all available.
1.Gomez
2.Murphy
3.Wright
4.Davis
5.Viciedo
6.Buck (D'rnaud)
7.Kirk/Cowgill
8.Tejada
1.Santana 2.Niese 3.Harvey 4.Braden/Liriano 5.Gee

While this team may not win it all it could absolutely compete with the two wild cards spots open

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • calimets14
Cowgill is a scrapper. The kind of red @s5 we need in a Mets uni. Not gonna be a star but he'll work hard every day. I like the direction now we need to get a bigger ticket item.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • metsreef
Absolutely agree
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • nym698641
They need to sign Scott Hairston again. That's 5 outfielders now with Cowgill, Duda, Baxter and Kirk. Hairston has proved he can play in New York.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • metsreef
I like Scotty...but Duda needs to go to the AL. He's got no postion on this team I get he may mash but at what cost defensively?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • thebobymon
Duda's music to the plate...the Monster Mash :)
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • skorpio520
i really dont want gomez.i mean,hes had one decent season.but i would take him if we didnt have to give up much to get him.and depending on what hes gonna be asking for for future seasons.if his bat keeps gettin better he gives us a solid lead off hitter with speed.so its worth a try out
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • metsreef
He has only had one decent offensive season...but he year in and out has one of the best range percentages for OF and if we plan on having Duda occupy LF lord knows our CF better have elite range
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • KLake409
Well Duda's on the team for his bat not his defense
I mean he's got 40HR potential (he hits moon shots during BP)
but he's got to hit better (at least around 30HRs) within the next couple seasons.

Edited 12/18/12   by  KLake409
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • skorpio520
yeah i get that,and i get defense is important,but we need offense too.i love tejada for his defensive but year in year out i never know what to expect out of him at the plate. we cant have too many light hitting,defensive minded position players ya know? scoring is important aswell
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • metsreef

Duda=Pedro Cerrano...straightball he hit very much, curveball bats are afraid

I completly agree that there has to be a combination of offense and defense. But we already sacrafice defense at 2nd, LF, C, and potentially RF

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • skorpio520

agree,thats why duda= should be american league d.h.probably murph (though he does seem to get better every year) aswell though id hate to lose him. catcher,i heard d'arnaud was actually very good at the position,unless your reffering to buck,in that case,hes a temp.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • metsreef
Was refrencing Buck...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • saztastic2012
Agreed
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/18/12
  • metsreef

Taking a look at young rh hitting outfielders these are players I think are absouletly available. And improvements to the current outfield....
SMALL MOVES
1.J.Tabata 2.T.Moore 3.C.Gentry 4.C.Crisp 5.F.Gutierrez
GOOD MOVES
1.C.Gomez 2.A.Pollock 3.C.Hart 4.P.Borjous 5.F.Peguero 6. C.Heisey 7.L.Cain 8.B.Jacobs
BIG MOVES
1.M.Trumbo 2.D.Fowler 3.D.Viciedo 4.B.Brentz 5.A.Garcia 6.JD Martinez
MONSTER MOVES
1.M.Stanton
2.S.Marte

Obviously the final two are just dreaming, but everyone else should be achievable with our system

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • skorpio520

i want stanton.not gonna happen but if it did i could even not be so bitter theyre not makin a play for bourn.
but like i said, wont happen.
also wouldnt mind trumbo at all."shrug" not gonna happen.

if anything i see a move for crisp maybe being worked out.possibly bourjos.

thinking maybe sandys done with the outfield though.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • metsreef
I think we will make a play for at least one more rh outfielder. Than he'll sign a veteran starter
  • Reply to this Message