• New_York_Mets_Fan

RF

- Cody Ross

- Nick Swisher

- Scott Hairston

CF

- Michael Bourn

- G. Sizemore

Might have to go the trade route on this one!!

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • lllfxlll

bourn will probably be out of the mets budget.....unfortunately.

they should sign ross

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • skorpio520
bourn
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • gomets66
ross is still holding out for 3 years. why phils havent signed him yet.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • bucknerismyhero
Not interested in signing any of those guys, between the money/draft pick compensation none of them are worth it to us at this point in time. I would trade for a CF, move Kirk to RF.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • njmets80
Ross or Hairston are needed badly for RF, while I think Niewy will start in CF, I would gladly take a flier on Sizemore if he's actually healthy. Then just need another starter like Marcum or Liriano & a new bullpen.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • lllfxlll
ah...haven't been paying attention to his contract talks.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • bucknerismyhero
Sizemore just had micro-fracture surgery again, he is out until at least the ASG. He is toast as far as I am concerned.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • New_York_Mets_Fan
yeah, sizemore probably isn't a fit, I think Ross would make the most sense if they go free agency at the right price.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • bmcneely
Bobby Abreu
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • DFAB

RF

- Cody Ross.......probably the most likely signing, though not for 3 years and not more than 7m per...even that would be a bit much. His numbers would suffer moving from Fenway to CF

- Nick Swisher......too expensive and his hr numbers would be cut in half moving to CF...is average would probably drop significantly. He is a good player to add to an already great lineup.

- Scott Hairston.....would love to have him back and we have NO reason NOT to bring him back. A 2 year 8m contract is a fair value given what he did last year and would be a good guy to bring back.

CF

- Michael Bourn......too expensive obviously so no chance he's a Met although we COULD afford him given what ownership has said what the payroll would be...but they are probably lying AGAIN

- G. Sizemore....wouldn't mind giving him a cheap contract to see what he can do

Couple of addons:

Willingham: would be a very good pickup and shouldn't cost more than a couple of mid level prospects given we pay his remaining salary...makes a lot of sense

Upton: next to no chance of happening but would be a great pickup as he can help now AND be a part of the future

Trumbo: also would be a great pickup and shouldn't cost a ton....Familia+Flores+DD/Kirk should be enough. We might even be able to give up less if we were willing to take on Wells as well. Wells is worth nowhere near his contract but is still a decently solid OFer.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • AdrianMonk

Some guy from Japan
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • mets31jj
Jason Bay could be a good addition. Did you see the numbers he put up a few years ago in Boston??
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • TheChosen1

Being that 2013 should solely be used to evaluate what we have, and make definitive decisions on who is or is not going to be a part of this team, I would have no problem going with an OF of:

Hairston - Duda platoon in LF
Kirk in CF (DD waiting in the wings if Kirk falters)
Juan Lagares in RF

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/17/12
  • kooza32
One guy no one seems to talk about: Delmon Young. He doesn't seem to be getting much interest.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • DFAB
Isn't Young a bad clubhouse guy with attitude problems? That is NOT the type of guy we need....
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • New_York_Mets_Fan
Definitely has had issues in the past, not sure if there are any current ones but i'd stay away from him as well. He isn't a great defensive player.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • jt28da
I think they should definitely be looking into Bourjos. Swisher could actually be an interesting fit, but his ego has priced him out. He's not worth what he's asking. Looking around for young OFers who would have to be traded for, but would be interesting, I did come across a couple. Michael Taylor from Oakland is pretty well blocked out for a position, and he's got some pop, young righty. Tony Campana from Chicago, another one blocked. Speedy CFer could be a leadoff type guy.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • marvelousmarvin
The I guess you have no problem with a mediocre outfield. Lagares, really?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • edmet
we dont need a starter, give mejjia a few months audition knowing wheeler is coming soon. we need outfielders and a solid vet for pen.
  • Reply to this Message