• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• This Whole Thing Is Keven Burkhardts' Fault
  • To:All
  • 12/17/12
  • renafan
He knew exactly what he was doing when he interviewed RA at The Mets Christmas Party. He knew RA isn't the type to say "Not now this is about the kids" or anything like that. Plus he dug the screw in asking if he felt disrespected that it was taking so long to get a deal done? Disrespected? He doesn't even believe that? Yeah The Mets wanted to trade the guy that just won The CY Young or turn this into The Jets season. It is a business,they know what it is like to be buried under bad contracts. I mean sure if someone came and blew them away with a trade where saying no would be irresponsible then but I am sure eventually The Mets would have gotten a deal done with RA. He would have gone a little lower The Mets would have gone a little higher and gotten something done,but noooooo. Burkhardt stirring the pot trying to get a story or whatever he was thinking messed that up.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • 4545_ajd
Has nothing to do with the Christmas party and everything to do with the Prospects Blue Jays were willing to give up.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • Oldfan

<<"I mean sure if someone came and blew them away with a trade where saying no would be irresponsible"

Someone did. D'Arnaud and Snydergaard is being blown away.

<<"He knew RA isn't the type to say "Not now this is about the kids" or anything like that."

I think the decision to trade Dickey was made long before the party. In any case, I have no idea why Dickey didn't say no comment.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • MetObserver
Wow some stretch there. Are you sure it isn't Obama's fault? Or maybe Bush?

Edited 12/17/12   by  MetObserver
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • murphstates
I like the trade so I have no problem with it, but why should Dickey have issued a no comment? He was asked the question by an employee of SNY, majority owned by Sterling. Why was an SNY employee asking pointed questions about his contract status at a charity Christmas event if management didn't want him talking about it?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • hammr1952
another conspiracy theory lol.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/17/12
  • _BigNick
I personally blame Carlos Beltran.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • OrangeandBlue86

While i do find Kevin Burkhardt extremely annoying I do think thats a bit of a stretch. He prob shouldnt have asked contract stuff at a holiday party but im pretty sure Alderson knew what he wanted to do with Dickey all along. Dickey was not asking alot of money here so i really think the mets just wanted to trad ehim while his value was high and get the rebuilding going no matter what.

Does anyone find Kevin as annoying as me tho? I think he talks waaaaay to much, asks such detailed and emotional type questions that are way too much for a baseball game. I also cant stand how sny has to do his little segments like 3 times a game. I wanna just watch somebody at bat or somebody pitch and i always have to see him babbling in the seats somehwere interviewing some guy who went to pre sechool school with bobby parnell or some ridiculous thing like that

Edited 12/17/12   by  OrangeandBlue86
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • MeetTheMess
Maybe dickey welcomed the opportunity to verbalize his discontent knowing the wilpons would not be happy and demand he be traded. Dickeys not stupid. He knew the rangers and Toronto were both interested in him and that both could offer packages to land him and both would pay him. Dickey also wants to win and he wasn't going to win with the mets. RA should send burkhardt a Xmas bonus.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • PrayedforBay
which Bush?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • Oldfan

Just because someone asks you a question, it doesn't mean you have to give them an honest answer. Dickey was under no pressure to talk about his contract situation--he chose to answer.

Good or bad, every action has a reaction, especially for those in the limelight.

Just my opinion.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • _BigNick

"Adam Rubin ?@AdamRubinESPN

Toronto GM said he first approached Sandy at GM meetings, but first attempt at deal was week before winter meetings. "

• Reply to this Message