• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Any chance this Dickey deal fizzles?
  • To:All
  • 12/17/12
  • METMAINEAC
I sincerely hope they cant come to terms with Toronto.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • MetObserver
Why? You like 4th place for years to come.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • jsmet
Hopefully he will sign the extension.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • METMAINEAC

Na, just feel the reigning CYA winner should net something more than a bag of balls.

This trade helps us how?

Hope people are happy with the trade just to make a trade.

But, hey, now we have some competetion to Sandy's other steal we're still waiting on.

You like 10 year rebuilding plans? I dont. Talk about 4th place for years to come.

Ebarassing.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • thedamon

Why?!

The bridge is broken.. He will not be back next year period.. If this team fizzles we will be forced to trade him less of a package to a team like Texas..

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • 4545_ajd

"You like 10 year rebuilding plans? I dont. Talk about 4th place for years to come"

What is d'Arnaud 13 years old?

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • codeminion
you sir are an idiot
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • alfolerud

Two top 50 prospects = bag of balls?

LOL you are the same guy who things Tejada and Duda will be stars.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • metsfanforlife

I agree with you. Hopefully Niese can win the Cy Young award this year so that we can trade him for some bats!!!

LETS GO METS!!!

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • JamesHetfi3ld

'Na, just feel the reigning CYA winner should net something more than a bag of balls.'

Can people really be this ignorant?

The answer is absolutely.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • danthemetfan

"The Mets should make a trade for really good prospects!!!! Why dont they trade for top of the line grade A players?!?!?"

the mets make such trade

"Why did they trade for guys who are not even in the majors? What a waste"

This message brought to you by the "I hate everything the Mets do, regardless if I asked for it myself" contingent of the message board.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • METMAINEAC

is he healthy?

is he an established catcher? no?

Trade Fail.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • MetObserver

Ebarassing. What?????

Paying Dickey at 39 & 40 years old knuckle ball or not is not a smart thing to do if you can't afford to surround him with a better lineup that will produce more runs. That being next to impossible for the next few years it is wise to trade him when his value is highest. If signed to an extension and he has a mediocre year like year before last how much would his trade value go down. Face it we weren't going to keep him well into his forties. And I love R.A. and think that he is a wonderful man and player but he doesn't fit into any long range plans. So trading now is the best thing.

Most fans last year put Dickey into the "if" category when analyzing the team. 38 and a knuckleballer was the normal chant. So if he was an "if" last year he has to be somewhat iffy to continue his stellar season into next year. And we are trading him and a catcher everyone wanted to get rid of for a few more "ifs" that will be around a lot longer than Dickey.

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/17/12
  • METMAINEAC

Where's that stud we got back for Krod?

Cue the Andres Torres threads.

Who needs pitching to win anyways? We got PROSPECTS!

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • MetObserver
K-Rod was a salary dump because he was caustic with that $17.5 million dollar option. We were lucky that a team would take him and would have excepted a bag of balls to get rid of him.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • danthemetfan
so you're a "stand pat" kind of guy. The team was headed in the right direction, almost there right now. Right? No need to look to next year or beyond, because with Dickey this team is on the verge of greatness right now.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • JamesHetfi3ld

'Where's that stud we got back for Krod?'

That was a salary dump, genius.

'Who needs pitching to win anyways? We got PROSPECTS!'

Meanwhile, we got a potential ace in the trade who's built like a tank, has put up amazing numbers, can throw 98 MPH, and is 19. I know, who would want that? Not you, apparently. Instead we can keep our 38 year old pitcher on a team that isn't sniffing the playoffs.

Brilliant. Simply brilliant.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • METMAINEAC

I know, who doesnt want a shut down closer at the trade deadline.

Now your going to tell me all about Snydergaard? Right, on everyones radar last week.

Meanwhile. yup, get used to that. When exactly are we going to "sniff" the playoffs?

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • JamesHetfi3ld

If things go well, in about 2-3 years. Maybe.

The team isn't good. Sorry.

They won under 75 teams with a Cy Young winner. Let that sink in.

Meanwhile the other teams in the division are getting better. You continue to sulk in your corner and drown in your delusions, and the rest of us will enjoy reality- And the fact that finally this team might be moving in the right direction.

PS: Syndergaard wasn't on the radar because he was untouchable last week.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • MetObserver
Shut down closer yeah but K-rod no. Even the Brewers used him in middle relief sometimes 8th inning but not as a closer.
  • Reply to this Message