• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Anyone else worried about health of d'Arnaud?
  • To:All
  • 12/15/12
  • dejavu1
Back injury sidelined him for almost a season and he also tore his PCL. I don't want to be inheriting an annual injury. Is this a legitimate concert or just 2 fluke injuries occurring within a year of each other.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • forceout6
PCL didn't require surgery, and he did it sliding into second. It reads like a freak injury to me, but I'm no doctor.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546412.3 was deleted
  • 12/15/12
  • thebobymon
No worries, the deal is falling apart as if it just visited leper island.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546412.5 was deleted
  • 12/15/12
  • dejavu1
sounds great.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • 4545_ajd
.915 OPS in AA .975 in AAA
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • joemets22
He was 23 and in the PCL though, I'd take a little salt with those numbers. He's still a good prospect but I feel like we should be getting something else good too.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546412.9 was deleted
  • 12/15/12
  • mcmet69

"they should be able to land a starting calibier outfield, a replacement starter, and the catcher"

Don't hold your breath waiting for that.

• Reply to this Message
Message 546412.11 was deleted
  • 12/15/12
  • sheadro
Sell low? Coming of a CY Young award, with reasonable contract demands, after he remains the only front end starter on the market, at 38 years old...can they sell any higher?
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546412.13 was deleted
  • 12/15/12
  • ohhthepain
I would be more concerned with the concussion considering the advancements in understanding this injury and how they are treated..And considering there is still so much we don't know about them and extra caution is used with this injury..His position probably holds an increased risk for suffering this injury.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546412.15 was deleted
  • 12/15/12
  • metsokie

The Bleacher Report just yesterday listed him as one of five propects who could be the next Mike Piazza. Good enough for me:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1444814-5-prospects-who-could-be-the-next-mike-piazza#/articles/1444814-5-prospects-who-could-be-the-next-mike-piazza/page/5

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • sheadro
And likely none of them will be the next Piazza. It's just a bad website making a dumb comparison to list the top 5 catching prospects in the minors.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • Matt H
Interesting thing is that he grew up having Mike Piazza as his favorite player.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • bkvega
2 fluke injury's dont worry be happy
  • Reply to this Message