Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Looks like it will be D'Arnaud and Gose w/ other pieces
  • To:All
  • 12/15/12
  • 4545_ajd

Not sure who the others are, or from which team

Andy Martino ?@MartinoNYDN

Can report stronger now what I'd already heard was likely: Jays saying willing to offer d'arnaud and Gose in Dickey trade.

More pieces could be involved, though no names have surfaced. But d'arnaud and gose, yeah.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • metrebel

Not sure who the others are, or from which team

Can report stronger now what I'd already heard was likely: Jays saying willing to offer d'arnaud and Gose in Dickey trade.

More pieces could be involved, though no names have surfaced. But d'arnaud and gose, yeah.

I haven't heard any specific players named if there are any others. If there are other players from the Mets going I hope it's not Ike or Neise.

• Reply to this Message
Message 546395.3 was deleted
  • 12/15/12
  • PutItInTheBOOKS
He said the Jays should not expect anything more eye-popping than Dickey. Niese and Davis would be pretty eye-popping. LH starter or someone capable of hitting 40 dingers
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • 86kid
I think it's farily safe to assume that neither Ike nor Neise would be "other players" in this deal.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • sheadro
I'd be ok with giving up one of our up and coming arms of the Tapia/Fulmer variety
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546395.7 was deleted
  • 12/15/12
  • thebobymon

On top of Dickey for only the 2 prospects mentioned?

Crazy, there has to be more involved.

We would still have holes on the ML club, and a great big one on the mound every 5th day.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • PutItInTheBOOKS
KEEP PITCHING!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • Melo15nym
I'm so stoked if he's coming to NY. Instant impact bat and a good defender.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • dejavu1

There were rumors that another team got involved late last night offering a comparable package to Darnaud Gose.

My opinion is that Blue Jays will give us even more than those two without us having to give up much in return. Maybe like a Gee or Mazzoni.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • 86kid

>>>"I'd be ok with giving up one of our up and coming arms of the Tapia/Fulmer variety"<<<

I wouldn't. I think Dickey for D'Arnaud and Gose is what it is. If we were adding Fulmer, then I think they'd have to be adding another big piece to this deal themselves.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • sheadro
Just saying those types of guys would make sense for the Jays to target. The thinking being they have taken a huge hit in the upper levels and they may want to begin the process of restocking the system with lower level, high upside arms. And that is the price to make them budge are you saying no?

Edited 12/15/12   by  sheadro
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546395.14 was deleted
  • 12/15/12
  • Melo15nym
<Have you read anything about Fulmer? No way in hell I'm giving him up.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546395.16 was deleted
  • 12/15/12
  • sheadro
No no I'm just speculating on the type of players the Jays may have tried to get into the deal
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • 86kid
Yeah, I don't see Sandy deealing two pitchers in this deal - not unless the 2nd pitcher were some 2nd tier lower level guy... and even then I think Jays would have to ante up another player in addition to D'Amaud and Gose.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • sheadro
Yeah that why I said of the Fulmer and Tapia variety. No specifically them just something from the rising crop of lower level arms
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546395.20 was deleted