• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Throw in Parnell for Gose and D'Arnaud
  • To:All
  • 12/15/12
  • alex8686
That gets it done. I mean come on. A good middle reliever like Parnell is not a heavy loss here.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • dejavu1
... please stop.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546366.3 was deleted
  • 12/15/12
  • CHOOin2014

True, but I'd rather throw in a den Dekker or even Flores.

Our bullpen was absolutely HORRID this year. Trading Parnell would render it non-existent. Bobby really seemed to develop this past year...

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • alex8686
Yeah but the Jays want to win now. So they're going to want Francisco or Parnell. They're going all in with this trade.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/15/12
  • docguden16
My bet is that Dickey gets both Gose and d'Arnaud. But if it did take something more... I hope it's not Parnell. He's been one of our better BP arms the past couple years. We need MORE bp... not less.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546366.7 was deleted
  • 12/15/12
  • alex8686

I know losing Parnell will hurt but he's 28 and we're getting two top prospects at premium up the middle positions. If you need to add Nolin to make it fair then do it.

Dickey and Parnell for Gose, D'Arnaud, and Nolin is fair for both sides I think.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • docguden16
Key word... 'prospects'. They're not proven commodities. The Mets are giving up one of the BEST pitchers in baseball, a proven winner over the past 3 seasons. There isn't reason to throw in Bobby.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • alex8686
I agree but Dickey for Gose and D'Arnaud isn't getting it done. And Blue Jays fans are upset on twitter about losing those two for Dickey. Because fans overrate prospects all the time. So you have to add something to it to balance it out for everyone.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546366.11 was deleted
  • 12/15/12
  • alex8686
My proposal is Dickey and Parnell for Gose, D'arnaud, and Nolin. That way the Jays are getting two established pitchers and you throw Nolin in to balance out adding Parnell.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • skorpio520
no,i like bobby.i think if given half a chance and a little time hed be a good closer.instead of spending money on one.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/12
  • skorpio520
bye bye franscisco then
  • Reply to this Message