• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• If they can f*** it up, they probably will.
  • To:All
  • 12/14/12
  • paulwins

They always do.

I am now a Blue Jay and Athletic fan.

Front office a bunch of bums. Owners are fairies.

I'm outta here.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • djiboutirox
we have free waffles brooooo
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546342.3 was deleted
  • 12/14/12
  • barryssyringe
your a joke
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • Jooser
If the Blue Jays and Athletics are "loser" teams what does that make the Mets?
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 546342.6 through 546342.7 were deleted
  • 12/14/12
  • jsmet

so u switched to two loser teams congrats

Loser teams? Half of the Blue Jays were injured last. If it werent for that they might of made the playoffs. How about the
A's? Did you watch them play? They didnt look like losers to me.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • paulwins

thank you, lame brain.

good gms, reasonable owners.

root for the mets at your peril.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • paulwins

they looked awfully good to me too.

playing ball the way it should be played.

• Reply to this Message
Message 546342.11 was deleted
  • 12/14/12
  • MetObserver

Why commit now? Wait until the second round of the playoffs before you swear your allegiance to a team. That way you are assured of a good finish and you can brag your head off about how well your team did and how it improved your life so much.

You Dweeb.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • paulwins

Your remark is as simplistic as you are, probably.

I don't pick my teams base on their chances of winning.

But I'm no longer going to root for a team owned by crooks who do not deserve a team.

These guys were more fun to watch in 1981. There is nothing watchable about this team anymore. No
reason to pay my money to these fool owners.

Get some real owners with some integrity and a brain & I'll come back.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • PrayedforBay
Im confused, are you leaving the Mets because of their front office being on the brink of screwing up a deal? Or do you just hate ownership?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • paulwins

Good call. I do hate ownership at this point.

I had some respect for Alderson (I think that he's a decent and honest man.) At this point, he's made some bad decisions (they've given him little margin for error with their budget, though) and I think that he should walk away from these sc*mbag owners with his dignity intact.

Though I've been a Met fan for a long time, I don't recall having felt so connected with a player (as I do with Dickey) in a long time. I think that a lot of new Yorkers feel that way, too. He's got a great, compelling story & he's worth watching every time out.

I don't think that they had any intention of resigning him (offering him way less than fair market value) and I don't think the proposed trade is anywhere near fair. Gose is and will be a mediocrity. Arrencibia is too. The other catcher whom they discussed acquiring has potential, but it's nowhere near enough for the standing Cy Young winner, especially when he could give them another 5-7 good years.

Consider this: if not for Dickey last year, they probably would have been a 100-loss team. He made them relevant. And now, they're giving him for almost nothing.

I've seen this show before so many times....it's like Groundhog Day.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • 86kid
YAWNnnnnn
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • paulwins
FYM!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • PrayedforBay

I agree with a lot of what you just said there, but I think Dickey has only a few years of top notch performance (I'm not doubting he can pitch for at least 5), so to me getting a great deal in return for him is worth it. I completely understand what you are saying about Dickey having a strong connectivity factor with the fan base and with you personally, but, strictly speaking for myself, his captivating qualities and appeal are what will make me be a fan of his forever, no matter what team he is on. I'm not worried about losing him in that sense.

I agree with you about Gose, and Arrencibia, but I think Arrencibia has a chance to become a little better (although still not a centerpiece for a trade).

With Dickey, I disagree with you about making them relevant. Even with him they only won 74 games so I wouldn't call that relevant. He only made them a threat on the days he pitched, we would need a couple more R.A Dickeys to be relevant on a team like this.

I don't see where this bullpen is going to be any better in the next couple years or our outfield for that matter. Given, as you also pointed out, the limited flexibility that Alderson has with payroll, how else can he make the team better long term if not through trade? The problem with Dickey is he isn't a long term piece, by the time the Mets may have their stuff together, he might be just an average pitcher.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • kinerskrnr
Don't want Arencibia, it's not worth it at all. We haven't had a solid catcher to rely upon since Lo Duca.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • PrayedforBay
Thats effectively what I meant by not a centerpiece for a trade. Obviously I want D'arnaud.
  • Reply to this Message