• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Olney reporting Angels will not move Trumbo..keeping him.
  • To:All
  • 12/13/12
  • mets06ny

Buster Olney ?@Buster_ESPN
Other teams asked about Mark Trumbo, and been told that he's not available; the Angels have said they are keeping him.

Stinks because he'd be the main chip in any deal with them IMO. Things can always change though

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • PrayedforBay
Well then no deal in my book
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • KB24NYM
Yeah...I remember when Wheeler wasn't available...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • nvmets10
Well, there goes that. Texas remains our best option then.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • New_York_Mets_Fan
If no Trumbo than the mets should move on, I don't like that other outfielder Burjous SP? what ever his name is for Dickey, mets need more than that.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • mets06ny
I did say....and we all know..things can always change. Never know!?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • melloca
The Angels would be willing to give up Kendrys Morales
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • DFAB
and Texas may not want to waste their prospects on Dickey if they are desperate for a bat (Upton)...so it seems like WE will be screwed by this...shocker
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • nvmets10
Well Arizona did say it's highly unlikely they'd trade Upton now but I suppose being overwhelmed could change that.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • mets06ny
MLB network is saying they think the Rangers will focus on going hard after Upton now. If they did, that would eliminate them as trade partners for Dickey. Wouldn't be surprised if they do offer Arizona a package they can't refuse.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • metsheart

from NY Post July 21, 2011:

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/mets/amazin_author_angel_ic_ending_HacwVQS2tIu9M8Vu78PTwN

"...you keep reading comments like "The Mets are asking for too much (for Beltran) at this point."

When teams are done kicking the tires, the Mets will know where they stand.

"We're going to get at least one really good player," said another Mets official.

The Giants are central to the Beltran trade puzzle. They have young pitching to spare, and though they say they will not trade Zach Wheeler, the sixth pick of the 2009 draft, anything is possible. The Giants lost 1-0 to the Dodgers yesterday, again showing why they need Beltran's offensive punch. Unlike the Mets, their future is now.

For Alderson, it's always about pitching.

The Giants need Beltran more than any other team and after numerous conversations with Bruce Bochy at the All-Star Game in Phoenix, I am convinced he is going to push general manager Brian Sabean as far as he can in an effort to acquire Beltran, but Sabean is stubborn."

Giants "say they will not trade Zach Wheeler"

"I am convinced he (Bochy) is going to push general manager Brian Sabean as far as he can in an effort to acquire Beltran, but Sabean is stubborn"

We all know how that shook out.

Trumbo might still be acquired. Depends how desperate Angels are for pitching. And who else Mets put in package w/ Dickey.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • wrghtknght
Of course we will be <screwed by this, what else is new? Playin' out exactly as most of us thought it would....
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • mets06ny
Yes they always say these things. Could be posturing by saying they won't trade him so the Mets jump on it when its presented. I'm going to go ahead then and predict Trumbo will be a Met haha
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • New_York_Mets_Fan
Good post and exactly right, no one knows who is available to the mets in a trade for Dickey and it probably changes by the hour. If the Angels think Dickey can put them over the top and away from Texas they may include Trumbo which would work out well for the mets.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • metsheart
Didn't say it WILL happen. Just that it COULD still happen.

Mets can afford to wait them out.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546262.16 was deleted
  • 12/13/12
  • 86mex17
If they told sandy that on the phone he should have said , "oh ok cool ,hey let me go Texas is calling"
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • 86mex17
What about dickey , mejia and famila for borjous, and trumbo?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • 86mex17
No thankyou
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/12
  • edmet
can kendry play the outfield well> if yes, bourjous and kendry maybe. but i am leery of kendry and duda in the OF.
  • Reply to this Message