• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Dickey Deal with Detroit???
  • To:All
  • 12/12/12
  • gokemaster
Everyone is talking about the Rangers, Royals and Red Sox in a Dickey deal but I think the Tigers could be in the race to get him. They tried to get Shields from Tampa and failed so RA is logically the next available SP on their list. I'd love to get that kid Castellanos from them and being that the team is built to win now, theres a reasonable chance they would part ways with the 20-yr-old. What do you guys think?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • metthunder
saw where many AL teams have made Mets offer for Dickey but Mets want two top prospects and Sandy's being picky. I would have taken the Dodger deal
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • DFAB
A deal would probably have to start with Austin Jackson...might not be the best matchup.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • gokemaster
What Im saying is that a team like the Tigers, who are so close to a world series title, are willing to give up top prospects for major leaguers even if it doesnt make a ton of sense say 6 years from now. Jackson is a proven MLB guy who is young so I doubt Detroit will let him go
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • DFAB

"Jackson is a proven MLB guy who is young so I doubt Detroit will let him go"

And this is exactly my point. If they aren't willing to pay the price of acquiring Dickey, we don't match up well with the Tigers as trade partners.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • DFAB
obviously, if they don't want to part with Jackson, their top prospect Castellanos would HAVE to be part of the deal. However, since he is really their ONLY good prospect, they probably wouldn't want to part with him either....so they really have NOTHING to offer us.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546239.7 was deleted
  • 12/12/12
  • gokemaster
Its clear that the Tigers are going full out right now so a guy who will be at his mlb potential in 5-7 years (Castellanos) is useless to them. A guy coming off a cy young year (Dickey) would be much more valuable for the next couple of seasons which is why they might be a decent trade partner for us.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • DFAB
Even if they were willing to part with Castellanos, that alone wouldn't be enough. A deal with Detroit would probably have to involve Jackson...even if the deal was expanded somehow.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/12/12
  • 86kid

>>>"saw where many AL teams have made Mets offer for Dickey but Mets want two top prospects and Sandy's being picky. "<<<

It is his job to be "picky" and to get the most he can.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • gokemaster
Well, we are in need of some bullpen help so maybe a guy like Alburquerque could be added in and be our set-up guy...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • edmet
i think the tigers make sense, but do they have enuf top prospects. castellanos is not enuf. what i understand is that several teams have offered 1 top prospect, the mets want 2. who do they have besides castellanos, keeping in mind we want major league ready guys preferably.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • Gepett0

that dodger deal was awful....la fans are PRAYING that they trade dee gordon...id rather have tejada truthfully

the dodger system may actually be the worst farm system in baseball....its barren....zach lee is pretty overrated as he put up mid 4 eras in A+ and AA as a 21 year old...if he did that in the mets system a) hed fall off the top 100 list entirely and b) every one on this board would declare that he is a complete bust and should be released

if they were going to make a deal, it would have to start w/ both lee and puig and even that isnt a very good deal

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • DFAB
that's the thing...Castellanos is a very good top prospect, but he is their ONLY top prospect.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • nutz4pugs

I don't blame Sandy for holding firm. It might come back to bite him in the @ss, but it's the right play at the moment.

With Shields traded and Greinke signed, Alderson holds the highest trump card. No point in playing it until he has to.

Edited 12/13/12   by  nutz4pugs
Edited 12/13/12   by  nutz4pugs
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/13/12
  • rnixon

The Dodger deal could make sense if you beieve the noise that there are clubs interested in Gordon. If he could be flipped for a useful now piece as well as Lee that's not bad. Dodgers rushed Lee last year trying to build up trade value, that obviously backfired but I don't think he's a useless piece. Just no longer projected an ace.

Detriot could piece something together with the kid everyone is talking about, maybe a Boecsh and a mid level prospect.

I also think the Red Sox with either Bradley or Brentz as the starting point, Sands and a pitcher.

I like getting a Boecsh or Sands who don't have futures on those teams but are likely better than what we have as an OF. They buy some time for the prospect that comes with them to develop. Sands for instance hasn't had a real shot yet in the majors but has big minor league numbers. Maybe he's AAAA, maybe he can be more. But our OF is more AA, so still an improvement.

• Reply to this Message