• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• I have a feeling that Valdespin will be really good...
  • To:All
  • 12/11/12
  • JackNicholson

Yet a polarizing figure. I think a lot of people will hate his attitude, but I think we are seeing him develop into a 20 home run second baseman. The guy has showed pop and is gaining significant plate discipline.

Wall Backman has raved that Jordanny will be an all star and all that. I don't believe he'll be on that level, but I think he'll be pretty good.

But he will cause trouble and be polarizing and then we will trade him for being so, to the Marlins.

• Reply to this Message
Message 546146.2 was deleted
  • 12/11/12
  • thebobymon
We need more flat liners like Murphy.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • bbjmparis
Valdespin is an okay backup player...at best. Nothing more. Given his other problems. Who needs him?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • alfolerud

Lol you always talked about not wanting to trade Wright for "magic beans" yet you think Valdespin is a star in the making?

Also, if he is such a good hitter, why will he be polarizing? No one cares about anything other than winning, other than the Wilpons, of course.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • 86mex17
I like his bat sometimes, never like his head.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • JackNicholson

"trade Wright for "magic beans" "

Never said this LOL! I think you have me mistaken.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • Gepett0

valdespin is a bum w/ speed and a little pop but a bad attitude and one of the worst swings ive ever seen

hed be lucky to hit 230 in 500 abs

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/11/12
  • forceout6
his defense is horrible. Like game breakingly horrible.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • reinman43
I think he is a bit of a head case, immature and not baseball smart or disciplined either, but what do I know ?? I said Carlos Beltran was finished as a player during ST of 2010.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • skorpio520
i hope he turns into a 20-25 hr,300 hitting second basemen.............................................................................................................................................................................so we can trade his lil punk @ss for nice young player that doesnt have a chip on his shoulder.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • AdrianMonk

He makes Duda look like a gold glover.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • JackNicholson

Lol yup.

Gotta give it to him though, the dude's progressing. He's athletic enough to play 2nd (I don't want to hear this defensive nonsense, it was one booted grounder in the 12th inning of the Nationals game, let it go, the kid can play), he's quick and he has good pop.

His swing is fine. The biggest problem with his swing being so sling shotty is that he cannot adjust midway at the breaking ball. This makes identifying pitches so much more important for him. He is only turning 25 and I've been hearing that he is showing better plate discipline in winter ball. So this shows that he understands what needs to be fixed.

He will still be a free swinger, so his OBP will still be lower. But what he needs to do is swing at the right pitches. The kid massacred fastballs last year.

I'm getting this feeling that he is going to break out next year and take the 2nd base job by May, and post around a .260 with 20-something homers. Not a star, but good enough on a power-starved team right now.

• Reply to this Message