• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Blake Stein
  • To:All
  • 12/10/12
  • alfolerud

Last time Sandy traded a slugger for prospects, Blake Stein was the centerpiece of the transaction. Eric Ludwick and T. J. Mathews were just mid-level throw-ins. As we all know, Blake Stein as a major flop. This is indicative of Sandy's scouting ability. He is a poor judge of talent, and how well raw talent will translate into major-league success. The outcome of the Beltran for Wheeler trade will likely be no different. Yes, my fellow Met fans, Zach Wheeler = Blake Stein. Please don't hate the messenger.

Oh, and BTW, your boy Cano has a higher career batting average and slugging percentage than David Wright does on the road.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • kinerskrnr
wat
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • DFAB
ok
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • alfolerud
Based on Sandy's precedent transactions, Wheeler will be a flop.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • alfolerud
I wish it was not so, but history cannot be muted.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • 86mex17
the problem with your post is that its not just sandy ,its every scout in the game who thinks wheeler will be a stud.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • alfolerud
I think at the time, Stein was a top prospect as well, and he maintained that can't-miss status until he reached the majors. I'm not saying that Wheeler is a gauranteed flop, I'm just saying that if Sandy's past work is any indication of future results, Wheeler may be headed to flop city.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • 86mex17
I hear you, But Im sure sandy is not the lead scout of the mets, like other clubs they have numerous scouts all over and like I said in this case every scout in mlb would be wrong, im not saying its not possible, but if hes a bust it wont be sandys lack of knowledge or insight.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • 86mex17
btw thats why they are called prospects
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • alfolerud
I'm okay with rebuilding. I'm not okay with Sandy as our GM. He is bad news. He may be responsible for introducing steroids to the game.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546123.11 was deleted
  • 12/11/12
  • spydermet

"He may be responsible for introducing steroids to the game."

Do you have a clue? Players have been taking drugs of all kinds since the beginning of the game. For instance, Some players in the early 1900s drank way too many Coka Colas, back when it was made with cocaine. Didn't Bouton write a book about players taking "greenies"? Nice try, but your statement is not in the least bit realistic.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • alfolerud
This isn't about me. Have I at any point opined on Wheeler? I am just pointing out his track record of poor trades and poor scouting.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • alfolerud
Weren't the A's, during Alderson's time as GM, the first team to be filled with roid heads?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • 86mex17
Thats just speculation and gossip, But a whole nother topic, Btw did you care when hundley hit40 hr's
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • MetObserver
If previous posts are an indication of the future you will always be a dooshbag.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • METMAINEAC

Have you even seen him pitch?

You're a fukcing idiot.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • MetObserver
A well know fact there is no need to repeat it.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • alfolerud
Not really...but I did like the Piazza trade.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • alfolerud

You must not be reading at all. I said I am not opining on Wheeler as I am unqualified to do so. I am only qualified to value distressed debt.

However, no one can argue that alderson has a history of making bad trades.

• Reply to this Message