• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Cano not staying?
  • To:All
  • 12/8/12
  • skorpio520

read in the daily news today that cano might leave at the end of 2013..three questions

1) would the yanks trade him ?

2) would he have to give over our entire farm to get him?

3) at the end of 2013 will he be looking to sign the first billion dollar contract in mlb history?

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • TheChosen1

1) I think they are gonna. By the deadline.

2) Like 3 or 4 TOP prospects

3) The rumor is that he wants A Rod money. He is the best player on the team, and should be paid like it.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • skorpio520
so if given the chance and resources.would u want him here?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • TheChosen1

They'd want Wheeler and Harvey in the deal, I'm not doing that.

If we could somehow use money that is coming off the books next season to sign him as a free agent, I'd definitely be interested.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • skorpio520
thats about what my train of thought was aswell.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • AdrianMonk

Yeah, I would do it. It's hard for me to imagine the Yankees not having the money to sign him and us having it though.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • CoBrA
it would be nuts to give him more than 7 years and he is one of my fav players but he is a knucklehead when it comes to at bats. He gives a lot of at bats away trying to swing for the fences
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • Yankeefantic
Wheeler and Harvey would not get you Cano. It would take 3-5 prospects to get him. But, hey you want him, you can have him and pay him 20 million for 10 years.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • DFAB
yea no thanks...Wright>Cano anyway
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • jsmet

Wheeler and Harvey would not get you Cano. It would take 3-5 prospects to get him. But, hey you want him, you can have him and pay him 20 million for 10 years. <<<

Cano as good as hitter he is he chokes in the playoffs he is not worth 200 million

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • capicu76
Disagree...Cano in my opinion is the far superior player.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546062.12 was deleted
  • 12/8/12
  • Kranesback
We 'll have tp move Wright to second by then to make room for Flores at third.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • DFAB
yea...if Wright played in that park and had the protection Cano has, his stat line would look like .320+ 40+ hrs EASY....put Cano at CF and he'll hit .290 with 18 hrs...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • Matt H

David Wright

At-bats: 4752
Runs: 790
Hits: 1426
Doubles: 322
Homeruns: 204
RBIs: 818
Stolen bases: 166
Walks: 616
Strikeouts: 1009
Batting average: .301
OBP: .381
Slugging: .506
Fielding percentage: .954

Robinson Cano:
At-bats: 4731
Runs: 718
Hits: 1459
Doubles: 334
Homeruns: 177
RBIS: 715
Stolen bases: 31
Walks: 285
Strikeouts: 604
Batting average: .308
OBP: .351
Slugging: .503
Fielding Percentage: .986

David Wright only has 20 more at-bats and he has more runs, home runs (in a big ball park), more RBI's with a worst team, more stolen bases, a ton of more walks, not winning in batting average but still over .300 and wins by a lot in the more important category of OBP and a better slugging percentage. Wright also produced these numbers with basically a broken back in 2011.

Cano has more hits (but Wright walked a ton more, so less chance of getting hits for Wright) Cano has more doubles which is fair (but Wright has more homeruns in a bigger ballpark) Cano struck out less then Wright by a large amount and also has a higher fielding percentage, but both players are gold glove caliber fielders.

Wright > Cano. Stats do not lie. Wright also has a tougher time reaching these numbers in a pitchers ballpark and a weak lineup with barley any protection.

Wright is also a better leader then Cano. He is not a cocky player, and does not go around thinking that "he is the best player on the team" and that he deserves to make as much money as "A-Rod's contract" Wright got paid well...but he's not making even 20 million a year on average, plus he took a pay cut this season so the team can have more flexibility to spend on other players.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • Kranesback
You can say a lot of good things about Wright, but he's not a leader.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • Matt H
It's hard to say if someone is a good leader or not, but I was trying to talk more about how he leads by example better I think. Wright does not come off as a cocky player at all. I just hate Cano's attuide.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • Matt H
He plays injured and don't forget when he wanted to go out and hit during the Rockies game and get hit so somebody else didnt get hit instead. The game when Collins took him out.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546062.19 was deleted
  • 12/8/12
  • rangers61134465
3-5 prospects for 1 year of cano?
  • Reply to this Message