• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Wright deferred 8million due 2013, where we use it??
  • To:All
  • 12/5/12
  • JackNicholson
I mean, come on. The guy deferred it so we can pay for another player. Are the wilpons seriously not going to pay for another player? If we go into the season, after Wright bellcurved his contract in order to sign assets, with no new contract signed, AT LEAST FOR $8MILLION, then I will be upset. It's nonsense. And I've put up with a lot with this finance, but it'd be nonsense to not use the money.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • AdrianMonk

Year end bonuses for management.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • edmet
jeff's stake at the vegas c/raps tables.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545962.4 was deleted
  • 12/6/12
  • melloca
Jeff will purchase Wilpon 2 just to add to his collection
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • robrock30

Reminds me of Ross Perot's line about the giant s*ucking sound in reference to NAFTA.

$8 million deferred with Wright $15 million deferred with Bay, $6 million Pelfrey non-tender
$5 million Torres & Ramirez non tenders.

Then there is the $ 25 million annual increase in MLB National TV revenue that each team is receiving that the other teams are spending on FA's at the Winter Meeting. (Yeah the one that Sandy was laughing about yesterday with Mike Francessa)

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • JackNicholson

Ugh. I mean, I guess it's okay if we are missing out on guys like Joe Blanton. But they can't say we didn't improve the outfield or bullpen because we don't have the money. We very clearly do and our payroll is going to be close to $60 million this year if nothing changes.

By the way, does anyone know what Thole and Ike got in arbitration?

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • robrock30
The Mets don't need SP. They should have been signing FA OF, C, & bullpen like the other GM's at the Winter Meeting, not dickeying around with our 38 yo Cy Young and showcasing David Wright.
Cashing in on the Rule 5 pick on the way out to cover their expenses is the icing on the cake.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545962.9 was deleted
  • 12/6/12
  • robrock30
The Mets current OF, C & BP are garbage. With no hope in the minors, the Mets have few other options than the FAs. The other teams are spending & picking up the cream, while the Mets sit on their hands.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545962.11 was deleted
  • 12/6/12
  • robrock30

The Red Sox acquired C David Ross for 2yrs $6.2 million & Mike Napoli
OF Jonny Gomes & Shane Victorino
BP Uehara

I think the Mets should have been "buyers" here.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • melloca
I believe the extra money will be used for Opening Day when Mets Fans haven't bought the Spin from the Front Office and Ownership and Jeff will purchase the remaining tickets when ticket sales will indicate that Opening Day isn't close to a sellout
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • Kranesback
We're going to sign 47 losers to minor league contracts and hope for the best in ST.
  • Reply to this Message