New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Report: Mets asking Bogaerts and Bradley Jr for Dickey
  • To:All
  • 12/3/12
  • 4545_ajd

Joe McDonald ?@ESPNJoeyMac

The Red Sox met with Mets to talk about possible trade for R.A. Dickey, according to a baseball source. Mets want Bogaerts and Bradley, Jr.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • ManWithNoName
I'm all for trading Dickey if that's around their asking price.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • bucknerismyhero
This is the type of return Sandy should be asking for. Bravo. Now get a deal like this done.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • cjct
me likes the sound of that....getting the #1 and #2 prospect from any team would be sweet
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • ManWithNoName
#1 and #3 (depends where you have Barnes), but yeah. Jackie Bradley Jr. would be a great fit, especially for a team aiming for 2014. And I really don't mind Dickey on the Red Sox, would be fun to watch if he's not on the Mets with their knuckleballer history and all.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/3/12
  • ManWithNoName
Joke tweet, but still funny:
"Jon Daniels calls Alderson: "Hey Sandy wh..." Sandy: "Profar." Daniels: "Uh, just wanted to know where we were getting dinner." *dial tone* "
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • Melo15nym
That's a dream.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • saztastic2012
If the mets could pull that off great, Maybe they flip Bogaerts for Upton since a young SS seems to be their asking price.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • PrayedforBay
Too bad the Red Sox wont do it.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • 86kid

I would love to see Dickey hurting the Yankees on a regular basis... lol

And yeah, these look like two very good prospects. I guess Bradley might be a year away though. Not sure about Bofaerts. But then if we get Bofaerts, we could move Ruben back to 2nd, and deal Murphy.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • 4545_ajd

"Too bad the Red Sox wont do it."

"You never know,we heard the same thing about the Giant and Wheeler.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • JamesHetfi3ld

I would have a modicum of faith in this franchise again if this goes down.

In my fantasy world, the Mets get either D'Arnaud or Myers. It's very pleasant there.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • 86kid

>>>" Too bad the Red Sox wont do it."<<<

I don't know if they would or not. Plus we don't know if there could be other factor to this rumors... additional pieces moving that make it a bigger deal.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • PrayedforBay
If only we could sign Beltran to 1 year deals every year and trade him off for prospects.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • 86kid
I don't think either of those two players is out of the question at this point. If Sandy spins the deal right, maybe other pieces are exchanged between the two teams...etc, it's possible.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • JamesHetfi3ld

That would be... Amazing.

By the way, nothing on Lavarnaway? If the Mets could get Bogaerts and a catcher that would be golden.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • DFAB
Good...at least SA knows what to ask for.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • stearnsy12

if Sandy can complete this deal it would be a very solid move,IMO...absolutely would be in favor of a deal like that

our starting rotation would become immediately weaker obviously but finding more pitching down the line would be our next priority

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • 86kid

>>>"if Sandy can complete this deal it would be a very solid move,IMO...absolutely would be in favor of a deal like that .our starting rotation would become immediately weaker obviously but finding more pitching down the line would be our next priority"<<<

I think our staff will still be good even without Dickey, and it opens up a chance for Mejia to show what he can do - before Wheeler comes up that is ...lol.

If we can get a similar 1st half out of Johan as this year, and equal-to-better seasons out of Neise and Harvey, plus a "solid" year out of Gee, then we will be more than fine. We can let Wheeler and Mejia nurse slowly in the mix.

Edited 12/3/12   by  86kid
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • ManWithNoName
I'd go the other way around, leave Ruben there, Xander at second. Some guys have been thinking he'll grow out of the position (even though same people say he has a great arm).

Anyway, anyone remember this article (about Beltran):

"They asked Atlanta for Mike Minor, Julio Teheran or Arodys Vizcaino. Atlanta said, "No thanks."
-
They asked Philadelphia for Domonic Brown or their top pitching prospect, Jarred Cosart. The response, essentially, was, "In your dreams."
-
They asked the Giants for Zack Wheeler, the best pitcher in their system, or Gary Brown, their most highly rated outfield prospect. "Not happening," the Giants told them.
-
And that's how it's gone -- with those three teams, with Texas, Boston and everyone else that has checked in. The Mets still think they're auctioning this guy off at Christie's. But next thing they know, they'll be placing him on eBay."
  • Reply to this Message