• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Outside the Box trade propsal: Murphy to Yankees
  • To:All
  • 12/3/12
  • 4545_ajd

Arod to have surgery will miss the at least part of the season, Murphy's best position is 3rd base.

What do you think we could get from the Yankees in exchange for Murphy?

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • murphstates
I'll take Gary Sanchez.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • thebobymon
Cash considerations.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • 4545_ajd

Me too lol.

The one reason I wouldn't want to trade Murphy is because I think he is a perfect fit for the Yankees. He hit 23 doubles 3 triples and 1 HR in Citi Field last year, with the ridiculously short porch in right in Yankees stadium that could be more like 20 doubles 1 Triple 12 HRs.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • AdrianMonk

The prime directive states that we never deal with the devil.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • murphstates

That's very true, Murphy would probably slug .600 in that park.

In all seriousness, Phil Hughes is a free agent after this season. I'd be willing to take a chance on getting him a change of scenery and out of the AL East. Look what it did for Burnett.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • alfolerud
I would love to rid our team of Murphy. This is the type of player that precludes us from making progress and brining in real talent. A player like Murphy should not the any higher than the 6th best hitter on a good team.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • AdrianMonk

Let us remember, no matter how the Mets have done, most of us think it was a pretty good season if Yankee fans aren't parading in November. We should never do anything to help their cause.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • 4545_ajd
Murphy is an above average offensive player. .292 career average, 50 XBHs a season at 27 years old he is not a star but offensively he is a good player.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • DFAB

well, the Mets and Yankees hardly EVER do trades with each other....that being said, I would expect much more from the yankees than any other team if we traded Murphy. I personally don't want to trade Murphy unless the trade is REALLY helping us in a big way. Murphy isn't that bad defensively and is a .300 hitter with 40 doubles who doesn't strike out much. I think Murphy is SEVERELY underrated.

So yea, the ONLY way I even listen is if the yankees are offering their best prospect(s)

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • DFAB

"I would love to rid our team of Murphy."

You're right...his .300 avg and 40 doubles really destroy this team...

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • 4545_ajd
They did make a David Justice for Robinson Ventura trade a few years back.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • 4545_ajd
Would you do a Murphy for Brett Gardner deal?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • DFAB
there have been trades in the past...though not many and not that significant
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • DFAB
that would be intriguing...if Gardner was healthy
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • metsheart
"Murphy isn't that bad defensively and is a .300 hitter with 40 doubles who doesn't strike out much. I think Murphy is SEVERELY underrated"

100% agree.

Mets should get at least 1 GOOD prospect for him. Preferably C or OF.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • metsheart
"Would you do a Murphy for Brett Gardner deal?"

Murphy for Gardner (if healthy) AND C prospect!!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • DFAB
Other teams won't be giving up anything worth what Murphy is to us. They would probably offer a reliever or MAYBE a decent prospect...but that is nowhere near what Murphy is worth. I would want an OF/C of equal value (.300 avg with occasional pop, or a .270 with 20 hrs+, either being cheap and young like Murphy)
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • cjct

no no no no no no no no no

I refuse to see my favorite player playing for the yankees

no no no no no no no no no

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • metsheart
Yup.

Let's see what Alderson can come up with. Could surprise us. Like Beltran for Wheeler. Murphy DOES have good value to teams looking for 3B (even 1B) or DH.
  • Reply to this Message