• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Wright's Greatest Play
  • To:All
  • 11/30/12
  • Moses0507

There are quite a few of them, but I think his backwards, barehanded catch is #1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZhW8i97YOg

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • wright75
I have a pic of this play signed by dwright...love this play, Wright's been my favorite player since day one
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • 4545_ajd

That's good but this is my favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0HAM85t5zE

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/30/12
  • Moses0507

Yes, I Freaking Loved that Catch. Wright hasn't had too many of these lately, but he's still the same player, willing to give everything to win.

MUCH better than Jeter's catch

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • Matt H
I legit was having a conversation at a party tonight about Derek Jeter's catch and was saying that exact catch was better then Jeter's catch. Jeter's caught the ball in foul territory in a field where there is not a lot of foul territory. It was a great play because he ran a far distance and it was in the playoffs, but Wright legit jumped into the crowd and caught the ball. That is that my favorite David Wright catch of all time.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • DFAB
That is 100000x better than Jeter's catch. Wright actually had to dive INTO the stands to get the ball. Jeter just ran into the stands after taking 3-4 steps after the catch. It's not even close to being as good as Wright's catch. But since it's JETER and he's a YANKEE, it's automatically the greatest catch of all time....
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • Kranesback
He played the Mets into a ridiculous contract pretty well.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • bucknerismyhero
I loved that play when it happened. I wish we would have won that game, but then again these are the Mets...Wasn't that catch during the same 3 game set that Beltran and Cameron dove head first into each other?
  • Reply to this Message