• Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • thebobymon
k
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545210.3 was deleted
  • 11/8/12
  • AdrianMonk

Well, there's Harvey and maybe Wheeler. I agree that he'd be a big loss though. Team character is important.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • TheChosen1

If Sandy is gonna be able to spend enough to put a contender on the field for 2013, then I completely agree. Dickey NEEDS to stay.

If not, which seems like the more likely case, then we would be doing the future of this team a disservice by NOT trading him now.

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 11/8/12
  • bbjmparis

If the Mets trade Dickey for more stinking prospects...I'd say it looks about 50-50 that they do. The only thing watchable left will be Wright and Davis. Wright's going too. The question is when. The of fseason, or July. We're not going to get anything for him either.

Perhaps I'm being harsh. People enjoyed watching the 62 Mets. So, maybe Dufus Dud-a, Murphy,
and whoever ends up at 3b can be the new Jim Hickman, Elio Chacon, and Felix Mantilla. Thole the new Choo Choo Coleman, and Harvey and Wheeler the new Roger Craig and Craig Anderson. ...

No, I'm just joking. Jim Hickman was a far better player than Dufus Dud-a, and the rest of the 62 OF... Richie Ashburn who hit 306 and Frank Thomas who hit 35 HR's are far better than anything we'll have in 2013.

Come to think of it. Mantilla could hit and was an all-star for another team a few years later. Roger Craig wasn't a bad pitcher either, probably the best 24 game loser ever. If Harvy or Wheeler are as good, we come out ahead of the probabilities.

Will the 2013 Mets lose 120? No. But without RA and Wright, 100 looks probable.

We stink...and are getting worse.

Thanks Fred. Thanks Jeff

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/9/12
  • oceans48
Fred and Jeff are doing just fine.....for themselves. 70 losses.....85 losses......100+ losses? Who cares?
Think they're shivering in the dark, scouring for food, or waiting in gas lines? Nope! They're sunning at the winter meetings, traveling 1st class and eating lobster in a 5 star hotel. Thanks Fred & Jeff
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/9/12
  • Gepett0
if you actually think that wright is going and we are NOT getting back anything for him, then you are stupider than i already thought you were
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/9/12
  • 86kid

So don't watch then. Nobody is twisting your arm to follow the team. You are entitled to not watch.

Players come and go, but I will always be a Mets fan.

Personally I'd much rather watch a team with much more balanced potential talent at each position, and a chance to win consistantly/annual, then to have a team with a couple of star players, and a ton of holes around them.

Edited 11/9/12   by  86kid
  • Reply to this Message