• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• 50 bucks says Bay has a MONSTER season!!!
  • To:All
  • 11/8/12
  • anthony888

I'm betting $50.00 (figuratively speaking, of course), that Jason Bay ends up on a team that plays in a small ballpark, and has a MONSTER comeback season.

It always seems to work that way, doesn't it?

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • BigTon
Might happen ant!All he has to do is join the Yankees lol.It worked for Ichiro.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • KLake409
He'd be smart signing with a team with a small park like Boston, Baltimore, Texas, Arizona, etc.

Edited 11/8/12   by  KLake409
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • Kranesback
Does he really have to have a monster season or can we use sazmetrics to show that he's had a killer year in spite of a .175 batting average.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • mysticpiazza
I don't know about a "monster" season, but I do predict that if he gets a full time job back somewhere he will put up better numbers than any of his Mets seasons.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • oceans48
Chances of ZomBay having a monster year elsewhere.....slim and none.
Chances of ZomBay ruining our year.....GREAT!!!
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545202.7 was deleted
  • 11/8/12
  • govmule72

"Might happen ant!All he has to do is join the Yankees lol.It worked for Ichiro."

Ibanez. Everyone gets rejuvenated when they join the Yankees. Players rapidly decline after joining the Mets.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • renafan
Oh yeah definately he is gonna win MVP next year. lol With like Seattle or Oakland or something. He couldn't handle New York.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • Blancito

"He'd be smart signing with a team with a small park like Boston, Baltimore, Texas, Arizona, etc."

Whats the difference when he cant make contact half the time and other half he cant even hit it further than the infield.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • govmule72

"Whats the difference when he cant make contact half the time and other half he cant even hit it further than the infield."

Hence my point on the Green Monster. He stopped hitting period, Green Monster or not.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • almandareo357
I dont mind if Bay has a monster season and if he does, it would be typical for another "former Met" to do good after leaving the Mets.
What will probably grind my gears next year, is the daily Bay updates posted by people who just want to rub it in.
"Hey I guess .280, 15Hrs and 50 RBIs, couldnt help us". Or "Bay hit another homerun last night" etc.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • miketodd9
The Yanks will sign him to a 1 year deal to replace Swisher.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545202.14 was deleted
  • 11/8/12
  • AdrianMonk

We'll be watching him hit a walk off in October.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • KLake409
Ibanez hit 19HRs for $1M while Aroid hit 18HRs for $20M (he was getting $30M but I think it went down to $20M this year) anyway how much more (than 19HRs) did they expect for only $1M?, even with the .240BA he was a bargain. Similar to Hairston with us this year.

Edited 11/8/12   by  KLake409
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • 86kid
LOL... I would not be surprised if he did.
And frankly, I would not mind. Bay is a class act, and even though he stunk-up-the-joint here, I wish him no ill will. I wish him the best.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • metsicle

honestly no, it really doesn't always work that way.

I can't remember the last time the Mets let an over the hill player go & then he refound his mojo with another club.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/8/12
  • MetsMan
Trick bet..... Everyone knows that Monster is slang for Aids..... So if he stinks it up, like he been doing, all you can say is he having a season like a let term Aids patient and you would win the bet based on a technicality.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/9/12
  • govmule72

"You do know Ibznez hit .240 this year, right? If you'd asked a Yankee fan what they thought of Ibanez prior to that pinch-hit AB in the playoffs? 90% of them would have said "absolute trash.""

I do, but he had a few BIG pinch hits before season's end as well. I think one clinched the division. He got hot late when it mattered most.

• Reply to this Message