• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• 2014 free agent class
  • To:All
  • 8/17/12
  • espo21
The Mets brass believe 2014 will be the year that they can "compete" (I'm so sick of that word). Anyway, I hope they don't plan on getting anyone in the 2014 free agent market, which they probably won't be because the Wilpons are broke, but it is a horrid free agent class. Looks like the worst one in years. Also, since the Mets think they can't compete and don't care about 2012, as they have demonstrated, and 2013, why should they expect the fans to care? Maybe because we are a bunch of souckers. Why is souckers a forbidden word? Very childish.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/17/12
  • Kranesback
If we have any money, we'll need to use it to re-sign Bay.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/17/12
  • joebenigno

Shin Shoo Choo would be a nice fit right now and next year

dont know about 2014

too many oldies

• Reply to this Message
  • 8/17/12
  • gilforhof
If any FA wants more than $48.95 a year and the Wilpons still own the team, don't bet on them coming here. On a more serious note and all that, I don't see many quality FAs wanting to even come here if the Wilpons are still the owners. I am not asking Sandy and the Wilpons to break the bank for someone, but at least pay a quality player what he's worth. Its going to be a long time until we become "competitive". If I'm wrong, hey it happens, but right now I don't see it any other way.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 542218.5 was deleted
  • 8/18/12
  • 4545_ajd

"Anyway, I hope they don't plan on getting anyone in the 2014 free agent market, which they probably won't be because the Wilpons are broke, but it is a horrid free agent class."

Way to early to tell if it will be a good or bad Free agent class. All Depends on club or player options for next year and whether teams sign players to extensions, Could potentially be some very big names out there.

Edited 8/18/12   by  4545_ajd
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/18/12
  • Gepett0

you do realize that the wilpons will lose more money by not fielding a competitive team than they will save by cutting payroll right?

i mean saying that the wilpons wont really SPEND is one thing...but the league wouldnt even allow them to do what you are claiming...it just wouldnt happen...plain and simple....

• Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Matt Bowman - Binghamton
Latest by comeagain - 8:09 PM
Cubs
Latest by johnyringo - 8:08 PM
Music Thread II
Latest by vbch - 8:01 PM
Will Myers struggling
Latest by AdrianMonk - 8:01 PM
Random Letters Game
Latest by ellenbronx - 8:00 PM