• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• ELI OR SANCHEZ?
  • 12/2/12
  • 4545_ajd

"i am a giants fan. but i would take mark sanchez over eli as a better qb in every regard. and sanchez will only get better. eli will not (he is no peyton) "

Ohh El Guapo....

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • hammr1952
another genius comment lol.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 491104.111 was deleted
  • 12/2/12
  • hammr1952
really?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • hammr1952
saw them lol.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • DFAB
I'd take Sanchez....and it's not even clo....LOL, sorry couldn't say that with a straight face
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • robrock30

I just returned from MetLife. Sanchez was booed off the field. The fans were chanting for McElroy. The stadium was dead until McElroy started warming up. The team showed some life as McElroy carried the team and short passed a TD for the Jets only score.

The Cardinals QB by the way was the worst I have ever seen in the NFL. Ryan Lindley could only look at one side of the field at a time, and he was throwing balls nowhere near anyone.

Sanchez is done and will make a cheap back-up next year somewhere on the Jets $.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • PrayedforBay
No, he will make a very expensive backup next year for the Jets. Or starter.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • robrock30

Stick a fork in him. He is done. I saw 1st hand. 1st play he had pressure & threw interception.

2 other interceptions later were on him. He could have been intercepted 2 more times.
He has regressed, poor passing, bad decisions. He seems to not be in sync with his receivers.

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/2/12
  • robrock30
Jets by the way attempted 1st 2 field goals. The kicker hit the uprights at each end of the field. I have never seen that before. It was comical.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • PrayedforBay
I blame the coaching and the talent placed around him much more than I just blame Sanchez. The Jets have all but killed his career. While Sanchez has had his moments, he has never performed this bad so consistently. The Jets went from bold, to jerks, to comical and now finishing all the way to pathetic.

Edited 12/2/12   by  PrayedforBay
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • scoocho
Sanchez should be stocking shelves at a local Shop & Bag,or pumping gas at your local Valero, Sanchez is not repeat is not a NFL quarterback.Hopefully Jets send Rex,Sanchez and Tebow packing,trade for Brees,or bring in Chuckie Gruden and end the Dog & Pony Show!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • cjct
this thread LOL
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • robrock30

Rex Ryan looked great the 1st two years, bringing with him talent from the Ravens, and a lot of tricky defense. The league has caught up to his tricks and alot of the talent needs an overhaul. It looks like Rex & Mr. T do not have the ability to evaluate, draft, or recruit talent.

I saw 1st hand today that Sanchez is really bad. Alot of the blame goes to him.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • jgrangers2
Like his father, Rex is a defensive coordinator. He's not an offensive guy and everything that I've heard about him indicates that he has as little to do with the offense as any head coach in the league.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • robrock30
I Knew that. His defense is not too good either. I am actually a Dallas Cowboy fan and I want to get rid of his brother also.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • PrayedforBay

I think coaching has a lot more to do with it. Does Sanchez get a free pass? Absolutely not, this after all is the NFL, but do consider that even Joe Namath said that you could win with Sanchez (he has a good track record of QB evaluation).

It seems that in recent years too much power has gone to Rex in personnel decissions. He has had a hand in draft picks. Its very disappointing to say the least.

Edited 12/2/12   by  PrayedforBay
  • Reply to this Message
Message 491104.126 was deleted
  • 12/3/12
  • almandareo357

Save your rep, delete your post! Hahaha.
And I actually think Sanchez just needs a change of scenery. Jets management totally mismanaged the guy.

On a side, I would rather be Mark Sanchez than Eli, just because of the opportunity that is in front of him professionally and personally.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • 4545_ajd

" I would rather be Mark Sanchez than Eli, just because of the opportunity that is in front of him professionally and personally. "

What opportunities?

Edited 12/3/12   by  4545_ajd
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Beautiful play!
Latest by elguapo111 - 12:10 PM
Since those first 3 games...
Latest by ewok54 - 12:10 PM
Brian McCann
Latest by Bwaah - 12:07 PM
Knock Collins all you want!
Latest by elguapo111 - 12:05 PM
Chris Young batting .200, anyone surprised?
Latest by elguapo111 - 12:03 PM
Oh, and BTW.. Davis is 0-9 and at .227
Latest by panthernet - 12:03 PM
Minor League Baseball
Latest by miracl3met - 12:00 PM
Musician Name Game
Latest by jereviens - 11:54 AM
It's a shame we passed on Abreu and Cruz...
Latest by ucpatoi - 11:53 AM
Three Funniest Posters
Latest by jereviens - 11:43 AM