Jason Donald
Thomas Neil
Russ Canzler :(
Shin So Choo
Manny Acta
The whole coaching staff

The Indians have Gained the following:

Terry Francona
An all new coaching staff hand picked by Tito.
Russ Canzler :)~
Nick Swisher
Trevor Bauer
Yan Gomes
Bryan Shaw
Blake Wood
Matt Albers
Mike Aviles
Mark Reynolds
Drew Stubbs
Brett Myers
Shawn Marcum ( yes you read that correct- will be announced sometime soon )
And another huge player if a certain trade does go through...

I'd say we hit one out of the park. A+++++++

You can all thank Terry "THE HAMMER" Francona - he was the master mind! If anyone has any doubts that this team will not contend this year- you are truly seriously fooling yourself. Tigers are good and the Royals look good on paper- but this team is hungry! The team that has started real hot the last two years as the best team in baseball only to fizzle- got rid of their non-contributing players and added a team of warriors...get ready Tribe fans - it's going to be war in the central this year!

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 1/3/13
  • managerlou
PS...There is a mutual agreement in place with Shawn Marcum and the Indians right now- however he must pass a physical before anything is announced.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/4/13
  • dddeluxe

Why would Marcum be the only guy we wait for a physical to announce an agreement with? Although, I guess it could make sense, since his health may be an issue, while the other really weren't.

I really think they are just about done(hope I'm wrong though) But IF they land Marcum, and I suspect Soriano(based on your cubs hint), this team will be absolutely sick. Not sure thing sick, but about a sick a team as we've had in a long time..

Until I hear actual confirmation of those moves you suggested though, I'm not gonna give it serious consideration.

I NEVER would've envisioned this type of off-season coming into it. I'd grade it an A or A- as it stands right now.

Edited 1/4/13   by  dddeluxe
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/4/13
  • supasize24

I absolutely don't believe we have signed Marcum and have some trade in the works but I hope you are right.

I would give this offseason an A without a doubt. After last year, nearly half the fan base was ready to quit being Tribe fans. Now there is so much buzz about this offseason and we dropped nearly every bum off last years team and replaced it with what I believe to be a much better player. I hope we have one or two moves left in us but without a doubt this is the best off season in years!

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/4/13
  • managerlou

I don't understand why we would even pursue a high risk or great reward player like Marcum either...his falling out w/ injury in the 2nd half has me questioning what he truly has left. But if he passes the physical and its not for too much money... then I'd be a little more excited about it.

Oh and I have no idea who we're talking to the Cubs about...I just was told that ...that is a team we have been talking to for 2 weeks now...and it was for a player that could be huge for us....it could possibly be a starter and then again Alfonso does make sense for the DH...but we would also have the three best K guys in the game lol.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/4/13
  • managerlou
We didn't sign Marcum...yet...we're going to if he passes I guess what is to be a secret physical ...all I got was this... " Mutual agreement reached with Marcum- Tuesday visit-all very low key- must pass a physical. " That's it. So who knows what that outcome will be. Apparently there's mutual interest.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/4/13
  • supasize24
I really hope so. He has very good numbers when hes healthy. Can you tell your source on this info? I hope we keep Cabrera, Vinnie and Masterson. CP or some of the other guys on our roster I would love to see traded if we can get another piece to help this team!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/4/13
  • xjoey420x

I just read this on mlbtraderumors

After their next free agent signing, Indians General Manager Chris Antonetti said the team has "used the vast majority of our [financial] resources" for the offseason, tweets Jordan Bastian of MLB.com. It's safe to assume that Antonetti was referring to Brett Myers' one-year, $7MM deal when he referred to the team's next signing.

was it referring to Myers or this possible Marcum agreement you are mentioning? just throwing that out there

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/4/13
  • mj159305
He probably was referring to the Myers deal. Myers is a good acquisition, but I kinda wish they had gone after some of the better pitchers. At this point I think it is safe to assume Marcum is out of our league. The next question is can we make a run at Jurrjens?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/4/13
  • xjoey420x
I agree but since Lou was saying that we have an agreement with Marcum I thought I would throw it out there. I won't believe that we actually have an agreement in place until I see something more official but take it for what it is.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/4/13
  • adaree

I saw that on MLBTR too...Definitely think this means Myers took up the majority of their free agency money left, putting Marcum out of reach. I believe we were in talks with Marcum, Marcum was taking too long to decide, so moved onto Myers. Similar to what happened when we moved on from Youkilis to Reynolds.

So I think we are effectively out of the running for Saunders, Marcum, or Lohse. But it's still very possible we get in on Jair Jurrjens, Pavano, Millwood, etc. A trade is also still in the mix I'm sure.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/4/13
  • Myteamisbetter
I'm going to question your sources. Need a link to believe.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/4/13
  • adaree

As of now I would give our offseason a grade of an A-.

Filled needs in RF, CF, 1B, and 2, possibly 3 bench spots. Filled a need with a young FOR starter and a veteran BOR starter. The only thing keeping this from being an A or A+ is a legit MOR starter like Marcum, or even Jurrjens.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/4/13
  • xjoey420x
I agree if I could of given that last line a mysterious sound to it I would of lol
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/4/13
  • xforemanjoe

Lots of additions and lots of improvements but I wouldn't be ordering any post season tickets just yet.

Who was Ryan Anderson??? Oh wait Lars Anderson maybe?

Edited 1/4/13   by  xforemanjoe
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/4/13
  • evilsteve02

From what i read the "major" signings are over. Also where did you hear about this deal we have in place for Marcum?

So we essentially didn't add much more than a mill or 2 to our payroll and upgraded A LOT. I think this means we will have some quiet off seasons for the next 3 or 4 years.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/4/13
  • managerlou
Yeah Sorry Joe...I meant Lars lol. And my source is Michael who was just hired the end of last year to be a big league team coach. He texted that to me days ago however...perhaps we have a little more money or maybe they will move someone...who knows maybe Marcums injury is there still ...just bandaged...and we passed?...Just telling ya guys what I was texted. I believe he's in the cards, but yeah the Myers signing may have used up the remaining cash and perhaps we were going to sign Marcum and then instead leaped on Myers? That was my last text from Sars..we'll find out soon enough about the trade or signing...all I know is ..is they're not done just yet.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/4/13
  • Steve11

A-

Add another starting pitcher and they'd get an A+.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/4/13
  • Steve11

As far as Francona goes...

He's the best GM we've had since the 90's.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/4/13
  • adaree

Yeah completely agree. I'd be content to head to spring training with the roster as is, but adding one more legit SP would put it over the top.

Even without another SP, this has to be the best offseason ANY Cleveland team has had in a long, long time.

• Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Thank God
Latest by xforemanjoe - 5:23 AM
Aaron Harang
Latest by teamTribe - Apr-18
Indians v Blue Jays 18/4/14
Latest by mikesmooth - Apr-18
Michael Bourn activated
Latest by indians2006 - Apr-18
The Defense
Latest by Myteamisbetter - Apr-18
Indians have 5th lowest payroll in baseball
Latest by wartwart2 - Apr-18
Indians @ Tigers 17/4/14
Latest by dexter2004 - Apr-18
Time for a new lineup
Latest by mdice42 - Apr-18
Is Santana playing 3rd affecting his hitting?
Latest by xjoey420x - Apr-18
In other news...Jesus Aguilar
Latest by laszlo2 - Apr-18