• Welcome Guest
San Francisco Giants

Welcome to the San Francisco Giants.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Hey you, dying old man in the dugout
  • 5/16/11

I agree I would like to see Pablo there when he gets back but in the mean time who? Huff needs to be moved down, Burrel isn't an everyday player, Ross is not himself yet everyone is frustrated with the offense but you can't produce a cleanup hitter out of nothing.

I haven't looked it up, but I would guess he probally still has the best RISP AVG on team minus Sandavol I would guess as well. In the end that is biggest stat for a cleanup.

Edited 5/16/11   by  madbuster
  • Reply to this Message
Message 132213.3 was deleted
  • 5/16/11
I agree even with as bad as they have been can't get worse. Huff is really the only option though, I would hate to see them do it with Cody he belongs lower atleast for now.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 132213.5 was deleted
  • 5/16/11
I haven't seen an update on Belt in a week or so, wonder how close he is to ready. A guy taking pitches sure would be a breath of fresh air.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 5/16/11
Buster was our cleanup hitter for most of October last year, and as i recall that turned out pretty good for us. and the guy in the 4 hole is supposed to be the guy who drives in the runs, and last i checked, Posey has driven in the most runs for this team. look around the league dude, no one is hitting right now
  • Reply to this Message
Message 132213.8 was deleted
  • 5/16/11
we had plenty of people we could have put there: Huff Burrell, Ross hit there a few times. Buster got the job done, numbers aside. is he doing as a good a job so far into this season, no. but he set the bar pretty d@amn high for himself last year. my advice to you, enjoy the fact that we're in first place and have one of the best young catchers in the game since Jonny Bench in our lineup and stop b!tching
  • Reply to this Message
Message 132213.10 was deleted
  • 5/16/11
how i love mature people. you dont argue with results, which were pretty d@mn good
  • Reply to this Message
Message 132213.12 was deleted
  • 5/16/11
Yeah but the results you are talking about are not because Posey hit in the 4 hole, rather because many reasons like Pitching and clutch hits. The results are he does not do well in the 4 hole. 25 was argueing results, his numbers are much worse for him there, and he is a more prototypical third hitter.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 5/16/11

I agree. I think continually shoving Huff in the 3rd spot is worse than batting Posey at cleanup, but it's still not a good move. IMO, when Sandoval returns, he should hit fourth, and Posey should hit third, leaving Huff to hit 5th -- assuming he's not completely fallen off the wagon by then.

-antica

• Reply to this Message
Message 132213.15 was deleted
  • 5/16/11

when everybody's healthy, I just keep reminding myself... this team will DOMINATE (MARK MY WORDS)

here's what I would love ---

1. Torres
2. Freddy
3. Posey
4. Sandoval
5. Huff
6. Ross
7. Burrell*
8. Tejada**
9._______

*= day in and out with nate
**= reyes would be the exception

• Reply to this Message
  • 5/16/11
NOt exactly right there gosa,, when Posey went to the 4 hole he lost from 368 to 305,, and started this year in the 4 hole again,, he went 4 for 6 in two games he was in 3 hole.. maybe its just luck but I have always said he worries about the 4 hole trying to hard to make things happen instead of just swinging free.. just me maybe but its as I saw and see it..
  • Reply to this Message
  • 5/16/11
This manager and coaching staff still savoring last year's WS title...they need to get their heads together and start making some moves...pathetic....
  • Reply to this Message
  • 5/16/11
Keep Burrel out 0f the line up please,, nate ross and torres are fine,, flip flop huff with nate for Pat the whiff..
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 132213.20 through 132213.21 were deleted