• Welcome Guest
San Francisco Giants

Welcome to the San Francisco Giants.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Broxton out of all star game...
  • To:All
  • 7/11/09

I suppose they will grab another pitcher...

Affeldt?

• Reply to this Message
Message 112219.2 was deleted
  • 7/11/09
It will probably be Jack Taschner from the Phillies!!!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 7/11/09
Toe injury.. I'm watching the dodgers game now and their announcers just said it....
  • Reply to this Message
Message 112219.5 was deleted
  • 7/11/09

Wouldn't shock me at all if he picked Lidge...

Here's a blurb on it...

MILWAUKEE -- Dodgers closer Jonathan Broxton likely will have to skip the All-Star game Tuesday because of an ailing big toe on his right foot.

Dodgers manager Joe Torre says they noticed Broxton limping after giving up two runs in Friday night's 12-8 extra innings win over the Brewers and "interrogated" him afterward.

Broxton will be seen by a doctor in Milwaukee, but Torre said Broxton is feeling pain on the side of the foot when he plants to throw.

Torre said he called NL manager Charlie Manuel of the Phillies to tell him to line up a replacement for Broxton. Torre expects Broxton to travel to St. Louis and participate in everything but the game.

Broxton, a first-time All-Star who is 6-0 with a 3.10 ERA, has given up five runs in his past two outings.

• Reply to this Message
  • 7/11/09

Taschner got dfa'd but Tyler walker is still on the team lol

I bet its either Trevor Hoffman or some Philadelphia pitcher.

• Reply to this Message
  • 7/11/09

Lidge is having a horrible year for the Phils. If he makes it, that's a complete travesty.

Wilson deserves it.

• Reply to this Message
  • 7/11/09
While I wouldn't put it past him to select Lidge, a 7.03 ERA would be pretty outrageous.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 112219.10 was deleted
  • 7/11/09

I can hear it now..

"errr,ummm,errr,duuhhhh, He's my guy"

"I,errr,ummm,drrr,I won with him"

• Reply to this Message
  • 7/11/09
B. Weez or Affeldt, that's the only question, be real nice to have a setup guy go to the game.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 7/11/09

and something about not blowing a save all last year. I wouldn't be that surprised, but it would be a travesty.

a lot of the ESPN guys wanted Hoffman in the original group, so i think he would make a large push from the media. He's not having a bad year, and is prbly more deserving then B Wilson anyways.

• Reply to this Message
Message 112219.14 was deleted
  • 7/11/09
Affeldt would be the guy to add. NL up by a run, 2 out in the 8th 2nd and 3rd 1 out Fielder at the plate. Who better to bring in. They are trying to win the gm right?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 7/11/09
ummm, Me Charlie, me like Jamie. His name sound perrty to me. Errr, Come over Jamie, Werthy and my litttle hawaiin doll, get off me lap for a second.. Have you a seat,drrrr, Jamie.... You know who loves you, errr, Jamie sweets. Charlies All star pick is you sweets...

Edited 7/11/09   by  NEHEATER
  • Reply to this Message
  • 7/11/09
Fielder and Affeldt would be on the same team, but point taken..
  • Reply to this Message
  • 7/11/09
Yeah, what an idiot I am. I still kinda of think Mil as an AL team.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 112219.19 was deleted
  • 7/11/09
Hoffman would get the nod, if he announced this year as his last, like the Gwynn and Ripken good-bye.
  • Reply to this Message