• Welcome Guest
Los Angeles Dodgers

Welcome to the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Kevin Towers and Dodger Minor Leaguers
  • To:All
  • 8/21/08
  • sinydodger

For you Dodger fans that follow our minor leaguers faithfully (BlueTrain that's you) I read today in USA today that the Dodgers have given the Padres a list of 5 minor leaguers of which he can choose two, as payment for Greg Maddox. Kevin Towers says he is "excited by several of the names on the list". Yikes! Please tell me Coletti can't be dumb enough to include the likes of Scott Elbert, Andrew Lambo, Austin Gallagher, etc. Let's hope it's not another Santana disaster for a six week rental.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/21/08
  • bp_1
Depo's almost as big a moro.n as Colletti, so I wouldn't be too worried.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/21/08
  • tennismenace

I'm sure it is not big names like Elbert.

But, I can't believe we are giving these guys 2 players.

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 8/21/08
  • pigstown

Names who would not be on my list:

Elbert
DeJesus
MacDonald
Hu
DeWitt

If we gave up any of these guys for a month or two of Maddux it is a bad trade.

Colletti is selling out the future of this club to save himself from being fired. I really hope that the Carlos Santana trade does not come back hurt us.

PT

Go Blue!

• Reply to this Message
  • 8/21/08
  • mdblue
The Carlos Santana trade will definately come back to bite the dodgers. Santana is tearing up the high A league and is hitting even better than at IE66ers. He is currently batting .370 and continues to hit home runs and get rbi's. The reason he is not at AA ball is the Indians have another good catching prospect who is hitting .330 with less power than Santana. Santana is kind of like Kemp who was under the radar as a dodger prospect until a breakout year in the minors elevating him to a top 5 prospect. Santana may make the jump to the majors in the next year like DeWitt did after a short stint at AA J-Ville. It still hurts me to think we lost this great prospect for a 2 month rental who will probably not be resigned by the dodgers due to money problems by McCourt.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/21/08
  • 2ndgenfan

Frank thinks that it's "cheaper" to give young talent away than pay an extra half million or so bucks, but in a year or two he'll learn it's cheaper to pay upfront... unless he sells... then it's then it's the next guys problem.

Maddux should have been astraight salary thing... but Ned was instructed to not spend while improving the team.

I agreed on the manny and Blake trades, but Maddux should have been salary assumption only or perhaps 1 low level prospect and most of salary, but don't get giving away 2 decent ones.

• Reply to this Message
Message 96958.7 was deleted
  • 8/22/08
  • Bluetrain

"Yikes! Please tell me Coletti can't be dumb enough to include the likes of Scott Elbert, Andrew Lambo, Austin Gallagher, etc"'

Now i'm scared, if Colletti does this with McCourts permission they are both brain dead.. and the system that logan White labored to make one of the best will be in sorry shape for the next few years..Those three and a darn few others are all we have..All we have that look promising at this point leastways

train

• Reply to this Message
  • 8/22/08
  • dgrs4ever
The list better be from Heidi Fliess and not from our minor league roster that caused the excitement. A Maddux rental may not even be better than what we have. We should be giving no value for a Maddux rental.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/22/08
  • nard805
I hope Anduw Jones is on the list
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/22/08
  • Bluetrain

yup, only if towers gets excited over a couple nobodies in A or
AA..What you mentioned is/should be off limits

train

• Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions