• Welcome Guest
Los Angeles Dodgers

Welcome to the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Bobby Valentine in 2011
  • To:All
  • 8/1/10
  • jcdova29
We need to purge this team of everyone affiliated with Joe Torre. Lets have Bobby Valentine run the team next year with his own coaching staff. They named a beer in Japan after Bobby V for petes sake.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 115904.2 was deleted
  • 8/1/10
  • o__juice
Holy S, the manager doesnt matter. everyone manages the same way these days
  • Reply to this Message
Message 115904.4 was deleted
  • 8/1/10
  • nicoya64

Well, as much as I like Bobby I think JT has done a good job as manager, having won the division the last couple of years but coming up short in the NLCS against the Phillies. I think the problem is that our pitching hasn't been up to par the last couple of seasons. We still need a bonafide ace to anchor the pitching rotation otherwise we'll never go anywhere in the playoffs.

nic :)

• Reply to this Message
  • 8/1/10
  • johnny57
I think Valentine would be a good move, however I don't know if any legitimate manager or player would choose to come to LA as long as McCourts are owning the team. The Dodgers are not a stable organization.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/1/10
  • nicoya64

Great point Johnny, those two should just sell the team to someoneone who wants to bring another WS title to LA.

nic :)

• Reply to this Message
  • 8/1/10
  • utdodgersfn
Kirk Gibson
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/1/10
  • jcdova29
Gibby would not last one month. He would get fired for slapping Kemp and Martin around. He has no patience for these types of players.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/1/10
  • utdodgersfn
Exactly
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/1/10
  • bluebluddd
yeah, bobby v. wouldn't put up with these lackadaisical lolly-gaggers. he would kick some serious @$$ and get em in line. torre's way too mellow, and his hands-off approach only works with a team of serious responsible professionals....
  • Reply to this Message
Message 115904.12 was deleted
  • 8/1/10
  • mikeemt609

I've been registered on the boards here for several years, but I mostly read the boards.

I would like to add to the discussion here, giving my opinions on Joe Torre and this year's Dodgers.
I believe that it doesn't matter who the manager is, the team will win or lose based on the players the GM puts on the field. If the GM signs all the good expensive free agents then chances are the team will win lots of games and play deep into the playoffs.
If the GM doesn't put a good team on the field (like the 2010 Dodgers), then we see what happens.
Since the break the Dodgers can't score runs if their lives depended on it...and that's why the team is fading in their hopes of making the playoffs this year.

As I sit here typing this message the Dodgers are down 2-0 in the 8th inning, and if they don't come back and win it looks like they will be 8 games back in the west on the 1st of August.

If the trend continues, all the Dodgers can look forward to is getting back on track for 2011, probably with a new manager, and perhaps a new announcer should Joe Torre and Vin Scully choose to retire at the end of this season.

• Reply to this Message
Message 115904.14 was deleted
  • 8/1/10
  • mikeemt609
I agree with you on that. We as Dodger fans have seen lots of managers over the years, but one thing that has never changed was Vin Scully broadcasting the games.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/2/10
  • o__juice

I used to believe coaches/managers made a difference when i was a kid.
The dodgers record reflects the play on the field, not the manager.

Across town, i guess Mike Scioscia decided he is going to take this season off.

Hey but what do I know

• Reply to this Message
Messages 115904.17 through 115904.20 were deleted
Recent Discussions
Crime Warner? or Dodger Greed?
Latest by speakinup - 1:08 PM
Puig and death threats
Latest by mexivin - 1:03 PM
Beat the Streak
Latest by dod2223 - 1:02 PM
Kemp & Eithier = AWFUL
Latest by dod2223 - 1:00 PM
TJ Simers/Coletti
Latest by nwlad58 - 12:36 PM
Public -Dodger TV Petition?
Latest by dod2223 - 12:36 PM
How Good Is Federowicz?
Latest by dod2223 - 12:30 PM
I used to work with a guy...
Latest by sinydodger - 12:22 PM
Hanley's Hand
Latest by summerboy - 12:09 PM
2013-2014 Los Angeles Kings Thread ( Official)
Latest by 88bulldog - 11:27 AM