• Welcome Guest
Los Angeles Dodgers

Welcome to the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Carlos Zambrano
  • To:All
  • 6/27/10
  • dodgerman16
What do you guys think of trading someone for Zambrano the cubs are willing to eat up a huge part of his 45 mill? I would take Zambrano he could be a #5 SP and it's supposedly said he can win 12 - 15 wins. I think a change of scenery would be good for him. The cubs also suspended him indefinitely. What are your opinions the Cubs really don't want him anymore and it seems he doesn't want to be with the Cubs.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/27/10
  • 62ndround

There's a reason they don't want him anymore and are willing to eat his contract. He's a headcase. There's a reason he got demoted to the bullpen; he doesn't have it anymore 5.66 ERA 1.69 WHIP.

Zambrano is the last thing this team needs. He's the definition of a cancer.

• Reply to this Message
  • 6/27/10
  • dking4953

**********I think a change of scenery would be good for him.***********

me too, I hear San Quieten is nice this time of year

• Reply to this Message
  • 6/27/10
  • globetrekker
While we're at it, let's trade for Milton Bradley and Jose Guillen. Why stop at just one cancer?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/27/10
  • carlos_el
Well...it worked when we got Padilla last year.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 115003.6 was deleted
  • 6/27/10
  • PittDodger1
Baseball has always had its, "NUTS", and now because of huge contracts the modern day nuts who are rich, behave as little spoiled children, and are getting away with huge money. An unhealthy Zambrano, no matter what happens, will live happily ever after because of his money, unless Carlos becomes a criminal.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/27/10
  • goblue8

"What do you guys think of trading someone for Zambrano the cubs are willing to eat up a huge part of his 45 mill? I would take Zambrano he could be a #5 SP and it's supposedly said he can win 12 - 15 wins. I think a change of scenery would be good for him. The cubs also suspended him indefinitely. What are your opinions the Cubs really don't want him anymore and it seems he doesn't want to be with the Cubs."

Zambrano tried to BEAT UP HIS CATCHER last year. This guy is a psycho. Put him with Manny and Padilla and you're asking for the destruction of this team.

• Reply to this Message
Message 115003.9 was deleted
  • 6/27/10
  • t327

Manny wasn't so much a headcase as he just seems like he doesn't care. Manny doesn't take bats to gatorade coolers. He just pushes old people over behind the scenes, and away from the dugout.

I say no to Carlos Zambrano. Dude is fit for a cushioned room.

• Reply to this Message
Message 115003.11 was deleted
  • 6/27/10
  • t327

The traveling secretary was the old person I was referring too. I do remember the Youk spat, but I'd hardly call that a headcase move (I don't remember any punches thrown, though. If you have a link, share). Arguments happen. Just today, BJ Upton and Evan Longoria on the Rays got into a tiff in the dugout. I wouldn't call either of them headcases. I wouldn't call Jeff Kent a headcase because he got into an argument with Bonds a while back. But when a player continually beats up gatorade containers and risking injury to himself (Zambrano), I'll have to pass.

Manny just doesn't care (while also showing harmless mental lapses), which is more laziness than being a headcase. Quitting on the Red Sox was a <dick move, yes, but hardly fit for a straitjacket, unlike Zambrano who blows up at least 3-4 times a year.

• Reply to this Message
  • 6/27/10
  • BPR_Crew

I agree with DODGERwood. Depending on the financial responsibility I would give it a shot...Worst case scenerio, he acts the same and you release him...Best case scenerio, he gets some of his mojo back and performs well for us, and I agree he has better upside than monasterios or Ely. He COULD (because he was at one point) turn things around and pitch like an ACE.

• Reply to this Message
Message 115003.14 was deleted
  • 6/28/10
  • dodgersdan

I'd love us to bring in Zambrano. If the Cubs pay his salary, that is. No way we take that on.

But if we can get him without spending any money for a marginal prospect or two, I'd do it. Padilla and Manny were both supposed to be "cancers" and they've been fine. Zambrano has that fire which could help spark this team. And if it doesn't, you let him go.

He couldn't be worse than Sherrill and Troncoso.

• Reply to this Message
  • 6/28/10
  • globetrekker
Zambrano is worth no more than the league minimum. If the Dodgers are on the hook for any more, they'll be inclined to keep him on the team longer than expected. I fear the guy will affect the team chemistry but then I reminded myself that this team has no chemistry to mess with. Heck, bring on the cancer if he'll only cost us the league minimum. At least that way, the Dodgers can release his sorry *ss if he implodes again.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/28/10
  • Ethierson

All I gotta say is that he needs to grow up.
No way I want him here.

• Reply to this Message
  • 6/28/10
  • dodgerman16
We'll come on It wouldnt hurt If he was that bad we could jsut release him, look at Padilla everyone thought he'd be a cancer but it turns out he is pretty good last couple starts he's pitched great yeah he hasn't been getting run support and yea he started the season off shaky but still he's done very well for us. Trading for zambrano wouldn't even hurt our farm we just give up a mediorcre prospect, Im sure the cubs will part easily with Zambrano and we can get him for cheap.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 115003.19 was deleted