• Welcome Guest
Toronto Blue Jays

Welcome to the Toronto Blue Jays.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• A Very Darrelly Dynasty League
  • To:All
  • 4/7/13
  • B_T_S
Week 1 just about in the books. Pretty happy to beat jaysblue with Lawrie and Ortiz missing the whole week.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/7/13
  • silvergun

W1 matchup with Dinger is pretty <damn exciting, coming down the wire to see if I can scratch out a tie or even the outside chance at a win.

I thought I had the tie wrapped up, but true-grit Cardinals style Jon Jay came through late to give him the lead. Now it's all riding on the Sunday night baseball game and whether Erick Aybar can score one run for the tie, or hit a HR for the win!

Alternately, if he wants to pitch an inning of relief and net me a hold, that'd also be just nifty.

e: actually, an 0-4 with a R might not do it.

Anyhell, I forgot to include the part about asking if anyone else's W1 is riding on this game?

Edited 4/7/13   by  silvergun
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/7/13
  • herps

10 people have voted in the latest poll on Yahoo. It's pretty close (6-4).

If you haven't voted, then do it already. Show some responsibility you pilgrims.

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/7/13
  • B_T_S

If anyone wants a long-term catcher, Wilson Ramos is 25, healthy, and raking. I'd be amenable to a few options:

- packaging him with Walker for a 2B upgrade
- packaging him with stuff for an OF upgrade
- packaging him with a SP for a SP upgrade

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/7/13
  • Dr_Dinger
<Damn, I had a nice lead coming into the weekend but you've made it a nailbiter. Hopefully Aybar puts up an 0-fer and Mike Trout goes 5-for-5 with a couple HRs and SBs. I need a career game from him in L1. :(
  • Reply to this Message
Message 88457.2888 was deleted
  • 4/7/13
  • thehurl
I can still hit double digits this week if Pujols has 1 more RBI than Berkman. My patchwork pitching staff was alright this week. I didn't even need Wainwright today and if they didn't blow 3 holds I'd be there in that stat too. 11 SB's are a little excessive...anyone in the need of speed in the OF, they should look me up.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/7/13
  • siddhartha
The trouble with this scenario is that you wouldn't have met them at all unless it was with ~ 25,000 people and a whole swarm of security guards around you at the RC. Of course you wouldn't feel bullied in that environment, but the reason for that has nothing to do with your fictional mettle.

Edited 4/7/13   by  siddhartha
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/7/13
  • silvergun
walk it off!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/7/13
  • georgia_peach

"Of course you wouldn't feel bullied in that environment, but the reason for that has nothing to do with your fictional mettle."

We all feel bullied at different times in our lives.

Edited 4/7/13   by  georgia_peach
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/7/13
  • Frag

"i think he's implying that ghey people are sissies or something. which makes sense because all ghey people are tall, skinny, white dudes with a great sense of fashion but absolutely no strength or fight instinct. the sheer possibility of a ghey man being able to bully someone is about as likely as emilio fielding a ball cleanly at second base."

Homophobia is fun!

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/7/13
  • georgia_peach

"Homophobia is fun!"

I have nothing against it.

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/7/13
  • Frag
Well, I think any kind of bullying is pathetic, ghey (honestly, why is this a banned word?), bi, or straight. It just seemed that he was implying that it's more pathetic if done by a ghey person.

Edited 4/7/13   by  Frag
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/7/13
  • dw193
actually i was sarcastically stating pretty much exactly what gibbers was thinking
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/7/13
  • Frag
Sorry, sarcasm doesn't translate well over the Internet. :p
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/7/13
  • georgia_peach

true.

And I said it before, if 4 ghey guys were berating me, I don't believe I'd feel that I was being bullied, unless there was some sort some sort of assault or weapon involved.

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/7/13
  • herps
Agreed, I find it difficult to feel both bullied and aroused at the same time.

Edited 4/7/13   by  herps
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/7/13
  • siddhartha
Gibbers doesn't enjoy "casual" sex.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/7/13
  • NorthOf49
Dammit, I was so close to sweeping Spanky. A couple times on base and three more strikeouts would've done it. He had a pretty good week too, I would've beat just about everyone by at least 11-3.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/7/13
  • herps
What? I thought you had all 14 categories locked up?
  • Reply to this Message