• Welcome Guest
Toronto Blue Jays

Welcome to the Toronto Blue Jays.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Syndergaard finally makes BA Hot Sheet (barely)
  • To:All
  • 5/18/12
  • landingdoc

IN THE TEAM PHOTO:

"Working as a swingman for low Class A Lansing, Blue Jays 19-year-old RHP Noah Syndergaard has struck out 10 and induced 12 ground outs in two four-inning stints this past week. In five starts for the Lugnuts, Syndergaard is 0-0, 0.56 with 21 strikeouts to 3 walks in 16 innings pitched."

And then there's....

NOT SO HOT:
"Asher Wojciechowski, rhp, Blue Jays. The Blue Jays hoped Wojciechowski could regroup in his second season with high Class A Dunedin, but the results have been mixed. The 23-year-old, who posted a 4.70 ERA in the FSL last year, turned in three quality starts in a five-start stretch from April 13 to May 5, but he's been hit hard in his last two outings. Wojciechowski gave up eight runs on nine hits on May 10, and he didn't bounce back this week, lasting only three innings against Clearwater and allowing six runs on six hits. His ERA for the year has climbed to 6.49 in 35 innings, and opponents are hitting .312 against him."

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/prospect-hot-sheet/2012/2613423.html

Edited 5/18/12   by  landingdoc
Edited 5/18/12   by  landingdoc
  • Reply to this Message
  • 5/18/12
  • nonamejays

That's the reason why you take so many d@mn pitchers.

Look at Jenkins, Mcguire and the Woj. All of them are not looking so good in terms of MLB potential. Thankfully by taking 50 million other pitchers, we seem to have a group that is doing good.

That's part of the reason why I wouldn't mind the Jays to take more pitchers in the 1st/supp round.

• Reply to this Message
  • 5/18/12
  • GoJays2007
I like your logic.
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 81752.4 through 81752.5 were deleted
  • 5/18/12
  • mallrat11
its understandable that he hasnt been on the ba hot sheet when he's only throwing 2 innings, then 3, now 4. once he gets fully stretched out and does the same thing, he'll probably the talk of the town.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 5/18/12
  • Tourettesguy
Anyone know what Syndergaards average fastball is? I heard he can get it up to the high 90's but I am curious where he sits at.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 81752.8 was deleted
  • 5/18/12
  • Sir_BJay
Me Gusta
  • Reply to this Message
  • 5/18/12
  • Tourettesguy
Holy pis*!
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
too bad the Jays don't have Roy Lee Jackson