• Welcome Guest
A's Fan Forum

Welcome to the A's Fan Forum.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• RAJAI!!!
  • To:All
  • 8/4/09
  • k2whatitdo
Not to get all corny but I really am happy for him, tonight just ended and that was so exciting. I'm glad he's getting his chance I used to feel bad when he never got to hit just run lol but now his contributions really are leading our offense! nice job rajai!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/4/09
  • takeiton18
cool stat for those who werent watchin on tv.. the rangers are now 50-1 in games where they lead after the 8th inning... way to go rajai!!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/4/09
  • bleacherdude

Yeah. Rajai is turning into a real A's story. A scrappy 4th outfielder who seems to be finally finding his stride.

I'm happy for the Rajai, and stoked to see the A's win one like that.

50-1... nice.

• Reply to this Message
  • 8/4/09
  • raiders80

I like to root for the underdog, and I love to see Rajai get playing time. He's really been rewarding the A's when they've given him a chance to play, whether it's on the base-paths or even at the plate.

Good for him, he deserves it.

• Reply to this Message
  • 8/4/09
  • raiders80
Also, he better be starting tomorrow.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/4/09
  • kelvinwolf

I agree. Good for Rajai Davis! I must admit, I wasn't a huge fan of his until recently. But he's really made the most of the playing time that he's been awarded. And I couldn't be happier for him. Now that I'm seeing what he can do when given the opportunity, I hope that Billy Beane considers locking him up for a few years. I'm sure he'll eventually cool off a little bit. And will probably always be the "4th outfielder". But now that we've seen his upside, I think he can be a major asset for us, for years to come!

So hopefully we don't let him get away, like we did with Marco Scutaro, a couple years ago. Scutaro was another utility player that I always loved to root for. And now half the teams in baseball wouldn't mind having him as their starter! To think that we traded him for Kristian Bell and Graham Godfrey, just for the sake of saving a couple million dollars (that I'm sure we could have saved elsewhere), still blows my mind.

Please don't make the same mistake with Rajai Davis!

• Reply to this Message
  • 8/4/09
  • macksman
Funny what some consistent playing time can do for a player.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/5/09
  • wolf96
Indeed Raj just pulled a Rickey and swiped 2nd and 3rd, I just said Gio was walking around with some swagger but I just saw Rajai at third after the SB and you can tell he's in a groove
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/5/09
  • slammers22

I just made up a new bad needed slogan for the Oakland A's .

Run,Rajai,Run

hopefully ill make money with tht.

• Reply to this Message
  • 8/5/09
  • flaminpen
Gee, I heard it already! Kuiper and Fosse have been saying it the last 2 games.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/5/09
  • flaminpen
Run Rajai run...go, go, great...wow that was quite a poke from Hairston, took 3 seconds to depart, 2-0 A's
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/5/09
  • slammers22
Thats because I brought a sign that was on TV that said Run,Rajai,Run.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/5/09
  • flaminpen
That was you? I SAW that sign! On TV...and yeah, I think Kuiper was reading it out loud. Cool!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/5/09
  • slammers22
Was it bright pink?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/6/09
  • flaminpen
You know I saw it at a glance, I was going to say a light color like yellow, but all I remember is what it said and you or whomever was thrusting it up and out with 2 hands?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/7/09
  • rushhead

Nice one Gunner!

Slammer's mom was the one holding the sign in our seats! My brother is Slammer's dad!
I was watching the game on Comcast so I was able to rewind it and take pictures!
What an awesome PINK SIGN!

I think someone needs to make "RUN RAJAI RUN" T-Shirts as homage to the greatest left fielder of all time RICKEY HENDERSON!

BARROID BAIL BONDS CAN EAT RICKEYS JOCK STRAP!!!!!!

Rajai better play every game for the remainder of the year. He is on FIRE.
He better be here next year too when we will officially be called the OAKLAND RIVERCATS.

ROCK ON RAJAI!

Yet another bad move by the WORTHLESS GIANTS!! HAHAHAHAHA!

IT'S HAMMER TIME SLAMMER!! Pun intended!!

Love,

"TOO LEGIT 2 QUIT!!"

3 out of 4 from the Rangers! Sweet............

• Reply to this Message
  • 8/7/09
  • mmattson07
Yeah rajai is actually high in the lineup now hes been drivin the offense. Now all we need is this Kust guy to get outta his slump (without giving him RF)
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/10/09
  • dynamos_19

Gunner I totally love that since Rickey isn't playing anymore.

Rickey could actually still play but too late now. :(

RUN RAJAI RUN

• Reply to this Message
  • 8/12/09
  • bashbro89

Congratualtions to Rajai Davis as ESPN handed him the # 5 WEB GEM in today's win against the O's

Playing center field, he was charging hard to catch a falling line drive. He dove, stretched out and made the catch.

Way to stay hot on all aspects of the game.

• Reply to this Message
  • 8/20/09
  • tonloc
I have to admitt that early in the season, alright well actually pretty much the whole season i was calling for Davis head and man he is making me eat my words and i am glad to eat them they are actually pretty good too. On the reall i am glad when i see myself proved wrong cause i know it is not the first time and it won't be the last so CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU DAVIS YOU DESERVE IT!
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Heck yeah!
Latest by phxmuni - 3:21 AM
This really chaps my Glutes!
Latest by phxmuni - 2:39 AM
Wolff & Moreno
Latest by phxmuni - 2:09 AM
Daric Barton batting .085 starting at first!
Latest by rickyrocks - 1:52 AM
Straily classic 5th starter
Latest by rickyrocks - Apr-15
Happy, but......
Latest by Number1joker - Apr-15
Need to improve our baserunning
Latest by rickyrocks - Apr-15
Morales Question
Latest by bmartin58i - Apr-15
Road Trip to date, 5-1 833 Winning %
Latest by catfish71 - Apr-15
Reddick..how much longer?