• Welcome Guest
Angels

Welcome to the Angels.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• JOSH HAMILTON ???
  • 10/9/12
  • theochalos

The Doyers now have Kemp, Ethier and Crawford under long-term contracts in the OF and Gonzalez set at 1B for years. They have no room for Hamilton. And we don't either. I would not be surprised to see him wind up in Atlanta or Philadelphia.

I think he is definitely finished in Texas with the booing in the end.

• Reply to this Message
  • 10/9/12
  • Gone_Fishing
Dodgers will make pitching their number one priority. If they Angels can't sign Greinke, I wouldn't be surprised to see them go hard after Zach.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 10/9/12
  • halofred
Just what the Angels need; another outfielder.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 10/13/12
  • BlueCatfish

"" our little brothers the Doyers make a run at him""

So how does it feel to go into your little brothers room and look at his extensive collection of post season hardware sitting on his shelf?

When you look at your solo AL trophy and 4th place wildcard aided World series Championship, do you say thank God for baseballs version of affirmative action ?

A 4th place championship is almost as bad as a tee ball game, where they don't keep score.

EVERYBODY IS A WINNER AND GETS TO GO TO SHAKEY"S , YAY !!!!!!

• Reply to this Message
  • 10/13/12
  • Troutfield
Bro, just shut the f^ck up.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 10/13/12
  • haloagain
Are you still mad about 1988, at least we have a championship this decade, and how about 2002 when you guys choked to the Twins..
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 126630.14 through 126630.15 were deleted
  • 10/13/12
  • KennedyHits3

I know he's pretty fast but, He's too big to play third! "

I don't think he should be signed and I don't think anyone would move him to 3rd but it's not because he is too big. Hamilton is 6'4. Glaus was 6'5, Rollen and Lowell are 6'4. 3rd base is a position for tall players.

• Reply to this Message
  • 10/14/12
  • albertheim
Hamilton shouldn't be signed because he's a total headcase who's career is on the verge of a downward spiral. I'd give him two years max for a contract, if anything, but he's going to be greedy and go for something that's 7+ years.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 10/14/12
  • Angeleer

The Angels don't need Hamilton at all. Seriously, they are already overloaded in the OF, why sign yet another player that (A) will cost a first round draft pick, (B) has shown the propensity to be unreliable for various reasons, and (C) only exasperates the current overcrowded outfield situation.

Personally, I think Hamilton signs with the Giants, and being a Giants fan I am not looking forward to it.

• Reply to this Message
  • 10/14/12
  • rickdc
To expensive (the money can be spent on the adding to the bullpen, maybe geting another starter, and singing Granke (sp)), also we are stocked up in the outfield and DH. He is a bit injury prone as well.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 10/14/12
  • BlueCatfish

""Are you still mad about 1988, and how about 2002 when you guys choked to the Twins.. ""

Why would we still be mad about 1988, when we won in 1989?

"" at least we have a championship this decade, ""

2002 was last decade. At least we have made the playoffs "this decade".

"""and how about 2002 when you guys choked to the Twins.. ""

How about the 5 out of 6 times you have choked in the ALCS?

How about 2012 when you guys choked to a team in your division you were supposed to dominate?

How about missing the Playoffs 3 years in a row with a top tiered payroll?

• Reply to this Message
  • 10/14/12
  • sashroxx03
LOL the A's make the playoffs and there fans start coming out...Figures had they not made the playoffs this board would have no A's fans hangin 'round as for Hamilton signing with the GMan I hope nbot either Id hate to see him whine about whatever... He was such a baby when the Rangers were in SF for the WS.... Ohhhh I could smell pot out in the field blah blah blah...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 10/14/12
  • BlueCatfish

""LOL the A's make the playoffs and there fans start coming out.""

And why shouldn't they come out, they have a much more impressive record in California then your expansion team does, in less time.

When was the last time the Angels won the WS 3 years in a row or twice 3 peating of being American league Champions?

Go brag to the Padres, your WS victory 10 years ago might still impress them.

"""'round as for Hamilton signing with the GMan I hope nbot either Id hate to see him whine about whatever... He was such a baby when the Rangers were in SF for the WS.... Ohhhh I could smell pot out in the field blah blah blah.""

As an A's fan I should worry about Hamilton signing with the Giants, why exactly ?????

• Reply to this Message
  • 10/15/12
  • Gone_Fishing
The Angels will put a good bullpen together this winter and pound your A's into oblivion next year.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 10/15/12
  • ryanmoon

I bet coming onto another teams board and talking like your team was the best and that it was "all you" that made the a's win, and that you are better for liking a team that made the playoffs, and probably look at angels fans and go "haha you su.ck" like it was really any of our faults. We just follow the game and are bummed like any other fan. You are just like every other lame fan who gloats upon their own team winning and mocks anybody else and their team for not making it, which is a complete shame and very unsportsmanlike.

• Reply to this Message
  • 10/15/12
  • Troutfield

I'll bet when the A's are dwindling in 4th place next year he won't be posting here. Of the two teams with Cinderella seasons this year, I think Baltimore is the real deal. Next season I predict -

AL West

1. Angels
2. Rangers (wildcard #2)
3. Mariners
4. A's
5. Astros

• Reply to this Message
  • 10/15/12
  • Angeleer

< As an A's fan I should worry about Hamilton signing with the Giants, why exactly? >

Maybe because it would make the A's even less relevant.

• Reply to this Message
  • 10/16/12
  • BlueCatfish

"""I bet coming onto another teams board and talking like your team was the best""

Actually, I was just correcting one of your less informed posters when he said the Dodgers were your little brother. The post season hardware in their trophy case tells a different story.

"""You are just like every other lame fan who gloats upon their own team winning and mocks anybody else and their team for not making it.""

Angels fans included?

• Reply to this Message