• Welcome Guest
Angels

Welcome to the Angels.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Military blunders again.
  • To:All
  • 2/21/12
  • buffalo44

I know it has been 40 some years since I was in the Military during the Viet Nam era, but I cannot understand how many blunders we have gotten ourselves into. Once again we disrespect a country religous values by burning their books. Are our troops that dumb that they don't realize that a countrys religous papers should be respected just like ours. I was in about 5 countries during that time in semi covert duties and the first thing you are taught is not to disrespect the customs, money, and religion. Some countries you can go to jail for stepping on their paper money or tearing it up. Our troops are in enough danger overseas as it is, why add to the danger by not respecting another countries customs.

http://www.charter.net/news/read.php?rip_id=%3CD9T1OGKG0%40news.ap.org%3E&ps=1018

• Reply to this Message
Message 121186.2 was deleted
  • 2/21/12
  • HaloDan

Thank you for your service buffalo and welcome home.

This is just another shot at the U.S.

I don't care about burning the books that were left behind by detainee's.

This is not as much a U.S. military blunder as it proves beyond a doubt that it's dificult for a modern society to mix with a society that will not and has not evolved.

Afghans should be more concerned about what is going to happen when we completely leave that country and not be concerned about how we withdraw.

Within days after we leave it Afghanistan will revert back to what it was before we got there.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/21/12
  • Keystoned1

Salute buffalo for your service. We may have well worked in the same areas back then, go figure. Yeah, we always had special instructions in those areas of correctness. So much of this is as Dan just said a class of cultures that are not compatible.

Not going to end well after we leave just like SE Asia. So sad for those people. Especially the ones that worked with us. We stepped into something over there without a favorable end game.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/21/12
  • HaloDan

Check this out. The CIA and covert Special Operation Teams could be staying for a long time.

We won't be hearing the President talking about this.

<http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jun/13/us-afghanistan-secret-talks-on-security-partnership

• Reply to this Message
Message 121186.6 was deleted
  • 2/21/12
  • Keystoned1

Oh that's just freekin great!!!!

In related news one of my old Navy buddies came in just yesterday and we got to talking about the parallels of Vietnam and Afganistan. He just shook his head and said we made the same mistakes.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/21/12
  • buffalo44
And that would not be counting the same mistakes we have made in Iraq, and Iran, we are losing some of our ally friends in Turkey. Without air bases in strategic areas our fighting power is limited and forget about getting any good Intel on Russia and the mid east.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/21/12
  • HaloDan

Nice! Another one that stayed home while someone else did his job for him.

Go ahead and excercise your right to speak freely. The people who give you that freedom are the same people you say have no regard for other cultures.

Our military does a lot for other cultures around the globe on a daily basis. Not only are they the best warriors in the world they are the most compasionate soldiers ever.

Edited 2/21/12   by  HaloDan
  • Reply to this Message
Message 121186.10 was deleted
  • 2/21/12
  • HaloDan
My dad was with the 1stCav Medic (Airmobile) in 1967.

Edited 2/22/12   by  HaloDan
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/21/12
  • HaloDan

You are dead wrong.

What gives you the right to speak out is the freedom paid in blood by soldiers from every war in our history skippy. I think you should acknowledge that fact.

Do not put down our military. They go where they are sent by the President of the United States. If you have issues take them to the people who sent soldiers into harms way.

Have I met Russian soldiers?

I saw Russian soldiers in Bosnia, hundreds of them poised for combat, smiling and gloating as they entered Pristina perched atop their vehicles.

They thought they were hot stuff and they were. They caused a International incident and were quickly order out of Bosnia by Moscow. I was part of the peace keeping forces and you bet I saw them.

Where were you hot shot?

• Reply to this Message
Messages 121186.13 through 121186.14 were deleted
  • 2/22/12
  • HaloDan

Have you ever been in a fire fight, possibly been wounded, had a buddy killed in that fire fight? It's not normal for a human to go through that. If so you wouldn't be asking.

Do you know what happened minutes before that pizzn incident when bullets were sprayed everywere with intent to kill you. I don't expect you to understand that experience.

A little pizz on a dead Taliban, who cares. He tried to kill me.

• Reply to this Message
Message 121186.16 was deleted
  • 2/22/12
  • HaloDan

I've been to Kosovo too hotshot.
Don't pretend to tell me what I saw in Bosnia? It was a international embarrassment for Moscow that a few hundres of thier soldier did the wrong thing. We were there.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/22/12
  • HaloDan

You are very naive.

I was born in 1977. Make your assumption from that.

• Reply to this Message
Messages 121186.19 through 121186.20 were deleted