• Welcome Guest
Angels

Welcome to the Angels.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• No Longer a Laker Fan!!!
  • 6/21/09
  • 2002halos
Personally, I have a lot bigger problem with Kobe cheating on his wife than rooting for the Dodgers, but that's just me.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 104175.3 was deleted
  • 6/21/09
  • spydy69
Its funny you call the dodgers translpant from brooklyn but yet your a laker fan and they came from minnesota Well all have have to say is Winners hang around with winners Kobe 4 time champion would be a dodger fan.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/21/09
  • Angelbaby

Kobe takes in Freeway Series finale
Lakers star attends game with dad on Father's Day

By Lyle Spencer / MLB.com

06/21/09 8:59 PM ET

ANAHEIM -- Basking in the sunshine -- and the afterglow of his fourth NBA championship -- on Sunday was Lakers superstar Kobe Bryant, who took in the Freeway Series finale in a front row behind the visitors' dugout at Angel Stadium.

Attending the game alongside Kobe, on Father's Day, was his dad, Joe Bryant. Known as "Jellybean," Joe Bryant played in the NBA and in Europe.

Bryant, the MVP of the Finals, was the driving force behind the Lakers' first title since their three-peat in the first three seasons of the decade. He lives in Newport Beach, Calif., not far from Angels center fielder Torii Hunter.

Hunter made reference to Bryant after his first career three-homer game on June 13.

"It's like you're in a zone," Hunter said following the Angels' 9-1 romp at the Padres' expense at Angel Stadium. "When you're in a zone, a lot of good things happen.

"I felt like Kobe -- in a zone hitting everything. It felt good, man."

Across the home clubhouse from Hunter, a Bryant jersey has been hanging in the locker space of die-hard Lakers fan Jered Weaver since the day before the Lakers clinched the title in Game 5 of the NBA Finals in Orlando against the Magic.

"Kobe's the man," said Weaver, an excellent basketball player at Simi Valley High School before focusing on baseball at Long Beach State. "He does things that defy belief on the court.

"What an amazing season that guy had -- an amazing career, really. I'm really glad he showed all those ridiculous critics that he didn't need Shaq [O'Neal] to win a title."

Nothing should be read into Bryant preferring the Dodgers by virtue of where he was sitting. He was given VIP hold seats on the first-base side, a club official said, because none were available on the home side near the Angels' dugout.

In the bottom of the fourth inning, Bryant's beaming image was shown on the scoreboard. He clapped his hands and raised his arms to the cheering crowd amid chants of "MVP! MVP!"

Angels infielder Sean Rodriguez, with a start at second base, was thrilled by the opportunity to perform in front of Bryant. Rodriguez been a Lakers fan since his childhood in Miami.

"I grew up with the Lakers because my dad was such a huge Lakers fan in the glory days in the '80s," Rodriguez said. "Kobe, to me, is as great as anybody who's ever played. People seem to forget that Michael Jordan had Scottie Pippen with him all those years. Kobe didn't need Shaq to win another championship; he needed some good players to step up, like Pau Gasol and Trevor Ariza, and they did.

"It's really awesome form an athletic point of view, the things Kobe is able to do with his body. His endurance, too, is incredible. Who's in better shape than he is? He's a phenomenal player and leader. I don't think anybody can doubt his greatness now."

• Reply to this Message
  • 6/21/09
  • 2002halos

Yeah, I thought it was just Jon Miller projecting onto Kobe.

Nothing they showed on tv showed Kobe clearly rooting for the Dodgers.

He said "Wow" when the Dodgers turned a bases-loaded no-out home-to-first double play.
But an Angel fan could say "Wow", meaning "Wow, we just blew it."

• Reply to this Message
  • 6/21/09
  • mutttts
Kobe is just rooting for the team that plays in the same town he plays in, nothing wrong with that.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 104175.8 was deleted
  • 6/21/09
  • Vladdyheim

So you are going to stop rooting for the lakers, because Kobe comes to an Angel game when they play the dodgers? Kobe hasn't even been shown rooting for the dodgers. Kobe got the tix from the angels and is an angels fan too.

iconsportsmedia.com/image_dir/album44130/md_42978138_Kobe_Bryant.jpg

• Reply to this Message
  • 6/21/09
  • ariec80
You were a laker fan? Basketball is laaaaame. Nobody watches basketball, worst ratings ever.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 104175.11 was deleted
  • 6/21/09
  • Vladdyheim
Thanks for the info!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/21/09
  • mikeawesome
Bro It's Not that Serious.....I mean seriously
  • Reply to this Message
Message 104175.14 was deleted
  • 6/21/09
  • fernie81
Kobe could care less about the Orange Curtain He knows what time it is!!!! He just lives there for wifie thats it.
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 104175.16 through 104175.17 were deleted
  • 6/21/09
  • raythedodger

LOL! In the spring, the Dodgers who were early to camp hung out with the Lakers. In fact Ariza and Kemp are really close. Are you not a fan of Figgins because he hangs around with Pierre? In fact, Hunter showed up to Kemp's charity event last year.

BTW, that was a great series! Good luck the rest of the way through! Looks like the pieces are coming together for the Angels.

• Reply to this Message
  • 6/21/09
  • anaheimerz

"I'm sick and tired of the Angels being 2nd class citizens in LA!! "

Arte made us 2nd class citiezens in LA
We could've just been the team in Anaheim. Now we are laughing stocks around the league for trying to be L.A.

• Reply to this Message
Messages 104175.20 through 104175.21 were deleted
Recent Discussions
this loss is on Scioscia
Latest by sfvalleyangelfan - 10:17 PM
This loss is on Porcello
Latest by Vladmvp04 - 9:56 PM
This loss is on Freese
Latest by EcksFactor - 9:44 PM
This loss is on Conger
Latest by EcksFactor - 9:39 PM
Does Pujols look done now?
Latest by daygloman2 - 9:31 PM
Now, Change Your Mind about TROUT trade?
Latest by firems - 9:04 PM
4/20 Angels @ Tigers
Latest by BigFatFan - 8:31 PM
Trout in a slump
Latest by EcksFactor - 8:29 PM
Big Question
Latest by gigglestix - 8:27 PM
2014 All-Star game, Trout and Pujols, book it
Latest by EcksFactor - 8:23 PM