• Welcome Guest
Philadelphia Phillies

Welcome to the Philadelphia Phillies.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Where was Broxton?
Message 92941.1 was deleted
  • 8/16/10
  • pabravesgirl
He was basically told he is out of the closers role. Once you're in Torre's doghouse, good luck getting out of it. But even without the series against Philly, Kuo has much better stats than those of Broxton's. I bet Torre just doesn't want to deal with him right now haha!

Edited 8/16/10   by  pabravesgirl
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/16/10
  • fearthedoc
I would have kept Kuo and his K rate in. Then again maybe he had a high pitch count I'm not sure.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 92941.4 was deleted
  • 8/16/10
  • lioneer

Yeah Broxton might have been a little shaky lately, but I would think that they would put him in.

Its so painful watching the Braves play lately. It seems they don't even try on offense until the 7th inning +

PS braves fan obv

• Reply to this Message
  • 8/16/10
  • stone_cold
I think Torre's more interested in getting revenge on Broxton for blowing the game in Philly than winning games at this point. He's already retired.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 92941.7 was deleted
  • 8/17/10
  • Eddie_2
The Dodgers are a train-wrek right now.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/17/10
  • bailguy84

I watched the game from the 5th inning on.. Billingsly was in totelcontrol 1-7, Kuo went dwn 1,2,3 in the 8th ( which led me to scratch my head reading on Fri that Torre promoted KUO to closer and WAS VERY hesitant to use himin back to back days due to all his surgies and fact is he hasnt used himin back to back days all year ) Was thinkig maybe Broxton gets another shot,anyhow, Kuo comes out for the 9th I was like Uhhh-OOOH. (Guy has surrendered like 2 hits vs Lefties all season). Anyway, Braves get a lot of credit from me because KUO was up in count 0-2 to first hitter and he went to 3-2 and got a BH next was a walk and walked another w 1 out in between, Dotel comes in after Torre ( senile) allows him get into a 2inning mess and he shlda just let him work himself outta it or allow him to experience the loss, it was WAY LATE JOE to wait til he loaded them to pull him.. He has way better stuff then Dotel and can easliy get 2 k's if he was given a talking to by you instead of a Confidence collapse....

As I was watching it Im thinking Joe Torre is trying to get the Phillies anyway he can, it sure looked that way ! I mean he cldnt beat us, and knows he isnt winning in 2010.. I know its not casebut bafoon moves like that sure seemed that way...

• Reply to this Message
  • 8/17/10
  • shanevic
No surprise. Broxton's been bad for a while. Kuo and that Kenley rookie are their best relief pitchers. And Dotel had been closing this year. So why not? Kuo is great but getting old. They don't want to pressure him too much. Look for all three to close. That's excluding Broxton. He's Lidging out.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/17/10
  • oblawyer

Weren't they up 8-0 in their previous game.

I give them credit. I saw most of the bottom of the ninth. David Ross laid off some close pitches to draw a walk, and then Melky put it in a spot just out of reach of the shortstop, who seemed to be cheating a little towards second in case of a double play opportunity.

But in the end, the Dodgers' relievers were awful.

The Phillies cannot count on the Braves losing. They are just going to have to take care of their own business in order to win the NL East.

• Reply to this Message
Message 92941.12 was deleted
  • To:All
  • 8/17/10
  • johnnyc64
Toree isn't dumb or senile! Suggesting he tried to lose the game to hurt the Phils is a little over the top ..
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/17/10
  • gtfo
I agree with you there is no reason for that and have your fans seen are offense after the AS games. Someone should bring up the Dodgers offense in July and check out that ba and 2nd worst in the NL in runs scored behind the Mets. My team is just curse and the GM need to sell the team.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/17/10
  • phan42
Broxton's undergoing counselling for depression, apparently he wakes every night screaming "Matt Stairs, Matt Stairs" and "keep those red pinstripes away from me!!"
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/17/10
  • philsgurl5

"Broxton's undergoing counselling for depression, apparently he wakes every night screaming "Matt Stairs, Matt Stairs" and "keep those red pinstripes away from me!!""

lol

• Reply to this Message
  • 8/17/10
  • eskin4ever

Isn't Broxton on the 30 day DL?

For Chronic Sukkage?

Well that's what I thought I heard...

• Reply to this Message