• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Mets - Dodgers BIG TRADE talk
Message 356772.1 was deleted
  • 6/30/08
  • CHOOin2014

I'd do that trade. Kemp can play corner OF (Alou's spot). We won't lose ANY defense with Endy and Billingsley is 95 mph STUD pitcher. Both are making the minimum and are UNDER 24 years old. If LA eats up Beltran's whole contract, then do it.

I love Beltran (defense, speed, smarts) but he's NOT a leader and is too passive for NY.

• Reply to this Message
  • 6/30/08
  • tonymets1
wow...I;d only do that one if they take Castillo, Delgado and Heilman too.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 356772.4 was deleted
  • 6/30/08
  • Metsteeler
I'm so disgusted with this team right now that I would do that trade in a heartbeat. Billingsley and Kemp would give this team much needed youth and both are already fairly productive.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/30/08
  • lllfxlll
beltans mole is considered another body ;)
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/30/08
  • SuperFan58

Didn't you post the same rumor about a week and a half ago?

It wouldn't make sense for the Dodgers at all. Taking Billingsly out of that rotation hurts more than adding Beltran to the offense alone. And then they throw in Kemp on top of it. They could have gotten Johan for that deal.

If you are the Dodgers, why would you make a deal like that?

If you trade for star power, you trade from the farm because you are going for it this year. If you are not trading for star power, you trade from the MLB team for prospects. Its hard to do star for star player type deals unless a lot of circumstances match up.

• Reply to this Message
  • 6/30/08
  • LeTGoMeTs
link or gtfo
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/30/08
  • 86kid

>>>"Los Angeles media is reporting on-going discussions between the Mets and Dodgers where the Dodgers would get Carlos Beltran for Matt Kemp and Chad Billingsley."<<<

Los Angeles media ? Come on now, if you heard or read something, certainly you should be able to post the source where you heard this...

You could just be some fan posting what you'd like to see happen, rather than a real rumor.

Either post a link, or state where you read it in a paper or something. Otherwise we will just have to assume this thread is fairly meaningless - especially given that Andrew Jones is under contract for next year, and owed a large some of money.

• Reply to this Message
Messages 356772.10 through 356772.11 were deleted
  • 6/30/08
  • 86kid

>>>"I've heard this rumor before and I would do it. Billingsley has great stuff and Kemp is very young and reminds me of Alex Rios."<<<

Much like with the author of this thread, I must ask you, where did you hear/read it ? Certainly you must have some recall about this ??? Maybe you heard this before right here on this site, because another poster thinks this same person was posting this supposed rumor several weeks ago on here.

I'm sorry, this concept of this trade doesn't even make much since, and the fact that it lacks a link or source or link of any kind, makes it that much more unbelieveable.

• Reply to this Message
  • 6/30/08
  • CHOOin2014

It's out of thin air. The Dodgers would not trade for an expensive slugging CF when they already have one (A. Jones) and the Mets, as disappointing as they are, will NOT concede this season after putting so much into the payroll this year (only 3.5 out).

Wish we had something to discuss...

• Reply to this Message
Messages 356772.14 through 356772.15 were deleted
  • 6/30/08
  • helmetking
In an absolute heartbeat i would do that Billingsley is going top be an absolute horse, and kemp has .300- 20-20 potential....that is a no-brainer if true. Billingsley just turned 24 and Kemp is still 23.....do it before they come to their senses.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 6/30/08
  • helmetking
Even if it's not true, at least it has injected some excitement into an otherwise lost season. Let's start some more rumors even it it is just fantasy. Here's mine: Heilman, Perez, Chavez, Castillo and Delgado for Bay, Mclouth, Nady, Freddie Sanchez, and Ian Snell.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/30/08
  • rubrarm

"Even if it's not true, at least it has injected some excitement into an otherwise lost season. "

Haven't we lived in a fantasy world long enough?

• Reply to this Message
Message 356772.19 was deleted
  • 6/30/08
  • rubrarm
I just cant imagine them wanting to take on the payroll??
  • Reply to this Message