"niners had that game won if they don't fumble two punt returns."
You are right about the fumbles but it should have never gotten that close. It was the time of the fumbles that hurt, but they should have been far ahead before the fumbles happen.
"How relevant was Walker in that game with his broken jaw?"
You are basing this whole season on one game. I am referring to a year why one play short of a Super Bowl was trivial.
"You are out of your league, your arguments are EASILY dismantled and Football is my secondary sport."
What's your primary? Knitting? I have followed the Niners since they lost a 1957 championship game which to Niners lost to the Lions. I also look at games a lot different than you evidently. I like the details which you seem to miss.
Everyone can learn anytime. I have coached HS football with all seven of my sons. 2 were QBs and 5 were OL/DL. There is a lot I don't know but I don't "Ignorance Bliss" anyone till they blow gas at me. I can take lecturing - it came with the higher education...
Who doesn't get NFL Sunday or MLB.TV? I still attend the freezer box at 'Stick.
Hav a nice day without attacking anyone!
""I am referring to a year why >one play< short of a Super Bowl was trivial""
"The Superbowl is trivial - Gotcha"
Your english comprehension leaves a lot to be desired.
They beat them earlier in the year. I still believe the Niners were better than the Giants in spite of Smith. That is just my opinion. Heck I believe the Saint were better than the Giants.
I have stated all I want and I didn't mean to be hostile but I hate when anyone accuses anyone for lack of intelligence.
Just with the scope of this, I think this will be one of the more interesting signings ever in the sport, given what was happening before. This board in particular is a good example of the argument about trading for now vs. building for the future. Tebow is not the end all be all, Manning in his prime had much more potential and talent. But, they just traded away their Tim or Wilson--the cult fan favorite, the face of their club.
If this was even 5 years ago, I'd say effing brilliant. If Tebow was of the caliber of Manning, it would be a WTTF? But in this case, I would say that neither was the better alternative. I still think, and I say this hesitantly, that they should have kept Tebow and not signed an aging star with health problems.
"I still think, and I say this hesitantly, that they should have kept Tebow and not signed an aging star with health problems."
Vegas disagrees. 80-1 odds for winning super bowl to 8-1 odds. Less than 20% chance to go to playoffs, now over 80%...
If Peyton signed with SF, 9'ers are favorites to win the superbowl.
"Perhaps you need a little refresher. YEAH, He's just a game manager!"
One great game = All-Star QB forever?
I find some of the Kaepernick praise quasi-ironic. When you consider:
-Athletic for his size and mobile-Big Arm-Played against inferior college competition.
He is Alex Smith, you guys.
"Gore was facing seven in the box because the niners did NOT have a *WR* that was a threat."
There, I fixed it.
"Do you not like Superbowl births?"
A baby born during the Superbowl would be considered a Superbowl birth. A team advancing to this same game would have a Superbowl berth.
I know, it was simply a typographical error.