• Welcome Guest
San Francisco Giants

Welcome to the San Francisco Giants.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• 49ers talk thread reborn
  • To:All
  • Mar-27

Probably meaningless exercise when it comes to Carr (likely 1st rounder, maybe Top 10)

<https://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/448787088054710272

Matt Barrows @mattbarrows 20h

Harbaugh said that when he returns to California he will work out San Jose State's David Fales and Fresno State's Derek Carr.

• Reply to this Message
  • Mar-27
Carr for heisman. Go dogs.
  • Reply to this Message
  • Mar-27
A whole article about something they won't fix..they had that option in Jackson but they won't pull the trigger on that for multiple reasons..they even had a shot at Gordon last year and blew that chance IMO...a rookie won't fix this problem
  • Reply to this Message
  • Mar-27
The problem with Jackson is the hit on the salary cap his contract will have. With the 49ers having to extend contracts to a few of their own players starting with Kaep., Jackson just won't work financially. The WR position should be better next season barring injury with a healthy Crabtree alone playing next to Boldin. We also didn't see enough of Quinton Patton to evaluate what he can bring to the Niners.
  • Reply to this Message
  • Mar-27

Knocking your fiancee out cold or shooting yourself in the leg...which should get more jail time?

I'm going with knocking out a female like a punk....

Edited Mar-27   by  25toLife
  • Reply to this Message
  • Mar-27

I'll go with C, NFL stars for 500, Alex.

http://www.bobaugust.com/n1.jpg

http://www.bobaugust.com/r1.jpg

http://www.bobaugust.com/oj.jpg

Edited 3/27/2014 10:45 pm by NineBuck
  • Reply to this Message
  • Mar-27
brutal..was that the daily double?
  • Reply to this Message
  • Mar-27

"a rookie won't fix this problem"

You clearly have no idea how deep this draft is...

• Reply to this Message
  • Mar-27

Pretty gross stuff and yet not close to the worst of it.
I elected not to show the autopsy pic of her throat that he cut so deep he almost severed her spine. It's WAAY too gnarly.

And he did all that just because he couldn't allow his trophy wife to leave him.
What a punk.

• Reply to this Message
  • Mar-27
A ROOKIE isn't going to solve this problem they've had for years and years....1 good receiver drafted in Crabtree in the last how many years? 15? I'm not going to get my hopes up on a rookie making the impact they need in the deep game...

Edited Mar-27   by  25toLife
  • Reply to this Message
  • Mar-27
Eric Reid?????
  • Reply to this Message
  • Mar-27
Definitely some "anger" behind that attack.....Guy is a real POS..
  • Reply to this Message
  • Mar-27

Eric Reid was a receiver?

Bowman, Willis, Smith....They have no problem drafting defensive stars....But point taken..

• Reply to this Message
  • Mar-27

True dat; A.J. Jenkins was a garbage pick when they still had Alshon Jeffery and Stephan Hill still on the board. For the record, I wanted Stephan Hill, but I trusted the front office on the Jenkins pick......

-RIP-

• Reply to this Message
  • Mar-27
That list is so long with receivers it's blinding.....Wish they would have somehow got Gordon last year...I think that would have pushed them by the Scrubhawks...He's a big play machine..
  • Reply to this Message
  • Mar-28
+1. Would hate for logic of AJJ pick being bad as a reason to not grab a couple this year.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • Mar-28

Most notable point in Kawakami's long article about Raiders/49ers.

<http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2014/03/27/raiders49ers-extra-thoughts-the-humongous-levis-stadium-effect-the-kaepernick-2014-game-plan-mark-davis-words-and-more/

* Nobody has said it directly, but everything I’ve heard lately from people around the team leads me to believe that Harbaugh is planning to open the offense up in 2014 and put the team into Kaepernick’s hands as much as possible.

Tellingly, when I asked Harbaugh in Orlando how he believes a team should build an offense to beat Seattle’s defense, Harbaugh had an immediate answer that did not involve an all-out ground attack.
“Well, you’ve got to get open in their secondary,” Harbaugh said. “They’re extremely good. You’ve got to block their pass rush.”
And Harbaugh is obviously fully in support of Kaepernick and what Kaepernick’s growth will mean for the dynamics of the 49ers offense.

“I know how we all feel–we have great hope, we have great belief in ourselves and in each other,” Harbaugh said. “And we have great belief in our quarterback.

“And that puts a bounce in our step–it does mine, anyway, every single day. Just to attack that day and do what I can to help make our team better because we ‘ve got a lot. We’ve got a lot going for us.”

• Reply to this Message
  • Mar-28

Hill a bust too.

Point taken with Jeffery though. Not many teams thought he'd be as good as he's become.

• Reply to this Message
  • Mar-28
If Harbaugh wants to open up the Offense he needs to stop having Roman calling the plays. Roman is too predictable.
  • Reply to this Message