• Welcome Guest
Washington Nationals

Welcome to the Washington Nationals.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Sportsbars Near Ballpark?
  • To:All
  • 6/21/09
  • risoxfan74
Hi Everyone, I'm coming in this week for the Sox series. Are there any decent sportsbars near the ballpark? Thanks again!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/21/09
  • PowerBoater69
There's only a beer garden next to the park, you're better off up the street on Capitol Hill, Remingtons (639 Pennsylvania Ave SE) is a NE Patriots bar so they'll probably have a large Red Sox crowd this week.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/21/09
  • Angelossux
The beer garden ain't much. The aluminum bottles are $5 which is a little cheaper than 30 feet further south but there is no place to sit and hardly any place to stand.
Nor is there a garden.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/21/09
  • PowerBoater69
As a bonus this week the Bullpen will be filled with ugly women who can't dance and have grating accents.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/21/09
  • richmindc
you are evil LOL
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/21/09
  • Angelossux
Yeah he is also Julian Tavarezs' chief rival.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/22/09
  • risoxfan74
Thanks so much everyone. Enjoy the games this week!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/23/09
  • professorx
I am also coming to the 3 game series for the Sox. I think its great that other cities have bars for Sox/Pats fans. Does the bar you mentioned in Cap. Hill, Remington's, usually have a good showing of Boston fans? Or is it usually kinda quiet with not that many fans there? Either way I will give it a try since I will be staying in the Cap. Hill area. Thanks for the heads up and good luck to a fun series.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/23/09
  • Angelossux
There is a bar on 8th street, on Barracks Row,not far from the stadium,which I think all Boston fans will feel very comfortable in. It's called Phase 1 and is very nice.

Edited 6/23/09   by  Angelossux
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 6/23/09
  • professorx
Hi everyone and thank you all for the helpful tips. i just wanted to let all Red Sox fans and Nationals fans if they want to join us in some pregaming fun at one of the mentioned bars. My hotel is in the Cap. Hill area so I think i will probably start out at the bar called Remington's and then see how it is and go from there.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/24/09
  • PowerBoater69
I walked by Remingtons yesterday and I don't think I've ever seen so many Red Sox fans in one place other than Fenway.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/24/09
  • Angelossux
Like one big Decon roach motel.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/24/09
  • professorx
You Nationals fans are pretty funny. I went to Remington's yesterday only to find out that it is a bar only for guys if you catch my drift. I pounded my drink and got out as fast as I could. On the way out I was fortunate enough to get Adam Dunn's and Ryan Zimmermans autograph a they were there getting something to eat for the game. lol (last part is obviously false) Good luck in the next two games. oh and by the way Phases bar is no better
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/24/09
  • Angelossux

oh and by the way Phases bar is no better "

But the place is full of women.

What could be any better?

• Reply to this Message
  • 6/24/09
  • PowerBoater69
The original poster wanted to know of a good bar near the park, I just recommend the place where I thought a Red Sox fan would feel most comfortable.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/24/09
  • bumsfan4

Seriously, what did you expect when you come to our city, to our board, and to our town to root against our team? With all due respect, you may be a professor, but you don't appear to be the sharpest tool in the shed.
_____

Let's go Nationals!

• Reply to this Message
  • 6/24/09
  • Leonard_Washington
Hang out in SE DC near the Anacostia River. Lots of great shops and restaurants.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/24/09
  • Angelossux

Hang out in SE DC near the Anacostia River. Lots of great shops and restaurants. "

Yeah but they are all just artist renditions on construction posters.

Edited 6/24/09   by  Angelossux
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/25/09
  • zilla2005
Nothing like a fine dinner at Mortine's before the game.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/25/09
  • gwbiker
What was wrong with Remingtons? I've lived in the neighborhood 29 years. Word on the street's always been that's the place to Cowboy Up!
  • Reply to this Message