• Welcome Guest
Los Angeles Dodgers

Welcome to the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Cabrera, Romano traded
  • 4/3/04
  • beefchopper
>Could this be a precursor to a Bradley trade?

Sure hope we do SOMETHING to improve the major league club. My guess is that Cleveland wants to put the pressure on everyone else to make a deal by assigning Bradley to the minors. They're saying they can wait and want other clubs like us, needing to make roster moves, into paying more than they want to in order to get it done quickly. Making roster moves now at least takes the pressure off. Now they just said Ross was taken out of the game - does that mean he's gone too???

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/3/04
  • bluebulldog
Ross has been taken off the lineup without an explanation............hhmmm! This from listening to the radio of tonight's game...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/3/04
  • Bigcha
Or is he hurt? Blue up 2-0 in 1st.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/3/04
  • kennerbuggy
OK guys -

For Romano we got Antonio Perez SS/2B.

BA rated Perez as the #9 prospect in the Rays system. He was acquired by the Jays from the Mariners as part of the off-setting compensation when Lou Pinella went to Tampa Bay and Randy winn was sent to Seattle.

BA likes him a lot and feels he could be a solid MLB SS or a GG capable 2B. He has been slowed by wrist injuries in both of his first two years since coming over from Seattle, but was healthy in 2003 and played half the year for the Jays.

kb

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/3/04
  • dodgers0038
where is your source
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 4/3/04
  • mayorofdodgerstadium
I have edited the original message in this thread with more information.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/3/04
  • beefchopper
>BA rated Perez as the #9 prospect in the Rays system

Tell me you're kidding. The #9 prospect for the second worst team in baseball???

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/3/04
  • barbeejb
<<Now they just said Ross was taken out of the game - does that mean he's gone too???>>

Shades of Paul Konerko..... and a Sat afternoon game at Candlestick.

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/3/04
  • dodgers0038
who did we get for jolby
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/3/04
  • beefchopper
>who did we get for jolby

Two pitchers. AAA Aaron Lopez and AA Ryan Kechman. That's what I thought I heard and may have those names wrong.

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/3/04
  • bluebulldog
We just got rid of 2 good players...Ramano is still a question mark, but he has alot of upside going. Jolby, I think has never been given the chance he deserves. This guy can be a solid everyday player......I hope he blooms and shows people just how bad Tracy is, Tracy and his little pets makes me sick.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/3/04
  • loneymiler

I don't have my prospect guide so someone may need to help me but here are some stats.

Cabrera was traded for:

Ryan Ketchner is a left starting pitcher who turns 22 in two weeks and last year in the California league he went 14-7 with a 3.45 ERA and more than a strikeout an inning and and a 5 to 1 strikeout to walk ration. Ketchner is heading to AA.

Aaran Looper appears to be a throw in the righty reliever has a minor league career ERA of 4 although he did get into 6 games with the mariners last year. Looper is heading to AAA.

Romano was traded for

Antonio Perez is a 23 year old shortstop in 330+ at bats between AAA and the Majors he hit around .260 with 10 HRs and 42 RBI's stole 10 bases and here is the key walked 46 times. Perez will start the year in AAA.

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/3/04
  • Bigcha
It appears we replaced Coyler and Frasor.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/3/04
  • barbeejb
Former DOdger organization guy Bill Bavasi knows Jolby's value...
and Dodgers would only trade for more pitching if we were dealing away some...
and Ross Porter sure sounds like something is up, doesn;t he?

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/3/04
  • beefchopper
>Jolby, I think has never been given the chance he deserves. This guy can be a solid everyday player......I hope he blooms and shows people just how bad Tracy is

Depodesta makes these decisions, not Tracy. The ultimate credit or blame for this goes to DePo.

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/3/04
  • Bigcha
Boy i hope Ross doesn't go in a trade.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/3/04
  • kennerbuggy
Aaron Looper is the brother of Bradon Looper - who started out as the Marlin's closer last season. BA rated him the #23 prospect. I saw his name a lot this spring on Rotoworld, as he was challenging for a BP spot with the M's and was a late cut - back to AAA.

BA says that after he stagnated with his development in the mid-minors, the M's had him go to a low 3/4 delivery and he prospered.

He is said to have a rubber arm and likes lots of work. He sounds like more the sinkerball type of set-up man than a potential closer, so he seems in the mold of Quantrill.

kb

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/3/04
  • barbeejb
it would seem imprudent to trade away your second catcher with a bat ....unless we were receiving a catcher with a bigger bat.

Uhhhhhhh... I keep remembering the axiom, that "it's never the trade you hear about....."

Edited 4/3/2004 10:37 pm ET by barbiejb
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/3/04
  • loneymiler
KB thanks for the help I am at work and don't have my guides with me. I checked the mariners message board and they don't seem to know yet. As for Tampa Bay they think they got screwed.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/3/04
  • bluebulldog
I understand that beef........Jolby is just another example of Cora being raised up by Tracy. Jolby should have been given more starts at 2nd and LF, add to that he is very good off the bench. But, this is Tracy's problem (one of many), he pegs someone (bench player, sterter etc.) and that's it, they are stuck in that position. He is never shown he is man enough to change his opinion about a player ala Tommy....
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
FINALLY!
Latest by laddude - 8:37 PM
Kershaw to pitch Friday
Latest by TitotheDodger86 - 8:25 PM
philly vs Los Angeles 4/23/14.
Latest by TitotheDodger86 - 8:23 PM
$230,000,000
Latest by cmanson2 - 8:18 PM
Dodgers need a catcher plain and simple
Latest by hunteralan - 8:16 PM