• Welcome Guest
Angels

Welcome to the Angels.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• "Dodger Nation"?
  • To:All
  • 3/9/04
  • halodude
Oh my freakin Gawd I heard on McDonnell/ Douglas on KSPN that Frank McBankrupt has sent a memo out that he wants the LA Dodger's to be refered too as "Dodger Nation" I guess the Dodger Flag will be flying at half staff all yeaf at Chavez Ravine......too funny
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/9/04
  • halofan75
Meh, just means that when we beat the Dodgers this year we'll be destroying an entire nation instead of some guys in blue in a rundown old part of town.

• Reply to this Message
  • 3/9/04
  • lakeshow2
If that is true, WHAT A BUFOON McCOURT IS!!!!

That guy is such a coporate "RAH RAH guy"
First "A, B, C's", Now "Dodger Nation"??????

Look where the "Raider Nation" tag has got the Raiders?

It's really sad to see the way the McCourt's are handling the Dodgers and this "transition" period so far.
TAKE PRIDE IN YOUR TEAM McBANKRUPT!

Arte is almost always wearing and Angels polo at games practices etc.... You know what that tells me? PRIDE! !!!
PRIDE IN HIS OWNERSHIP, PRIDE IN HIS TEAM & REMARKABLY, PRIDE IN ANGELS FANS!!!=)

McCourt would rather wear a "monkey suit" (no pun intended)and there was a picture of their new G.M. DePodsta addressing the Dodger team (all in uniform) in the L.A. Times wearing a PRO GOLF windbreaker! Yeah that's pride! Let's address the team and then hit the linx!

I feel sincerely sad for Dodger fans! We have been BLESSED with an owner (ARTE) who REALLY believes and practices "ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS".

McCourt seems to be ALL TALK & NO ACTION!!
"A,B,C's" now "Dodger Nation"? Does he realize how stupid he really sounds? What's next?
Guess, I'll look forward to T.J. Simers RIPPING McCourt some more on page 2 of the Times sports page.

• Reply to this Message
  • 3/9/04
  • rollingstoned
The dude can't even be original. Comes in from Boston where "redsox nation" is a popular identifier with fans there and he wants it here. People shouldn't give themselves nicknames, which is what this pretty much consists of.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/9/04
  • AngelsFaninLkArowhd
the "nation" thing seems to be catching on a lot of places (sounds stupid to me) Even Angels fans have used it, sadly enough.

I've seen at least one poster, on either this board or another board, use "Angels Nation" in his or her signature, can't remember who it was though.

• Reply to this Message
  • 3/9/04
  • Johnny_Angel
What do you think of the new motto-- The A Team ??
I think its pretty lame AND dated -- Really who wants to bring back Mr T? aka Clubber Lang
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/9/04
  • AngelsFaninLkArowhd
The A-Team

I thought it was a great show when I was a kid, I was probably wrong.

I don't like the nickname for the team either. They want to market "Angels" so why go with just A. Especially when a division rival is the A's.

Clubber Lang's great. I watched Rocky and Rocky 2 the other night (my wife had never seen them) and we'll probably watch 3 in the next couple of days.

• Reply to this Message
  • 3/9/04
  • nomercypercy
Don't be talkin no jibba jaba on B.A. Barrakus, Foo!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/9/04
  • grapes1726
If the Raider and Dodger fans want to leave mainstream society and form their own nation, then I say "good riddance!!" :-)

Yeah, it's getting old, every team becoming a "nation" -- Red Sox Nation's been around for a while, but to start calling it "Dodger Nation" out of the clear blue is a little odd alright.

• Reply to this Message
  • 3/10/04
  • anglpwr24
no big if a couple angle fans used the term once or twice but to have a owner straight out of BOSTON come up with this would be straight up embarrising
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/10/04
  • dodgerstadium
BETTER THEN A RALLY MONKEY MASCOT
GO DODGERS!!!!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/10/04
  • dodgerstadium
BETTER THEN THE A TEAM AND A STUPID RALLY MONKEY MASCOT.
GO DODGERS!!!!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/10/04
  • 2002halos
From the way they've looked and acted in recent years, my theory is that half of the Dodger fan base is the thuggish ex-Raider fans who found a new team to misbehave for when the Raiders went back to Oakland. If anything, they've outdone the Raider fans, as I can't recall a Raider fan ever murdering a fan of the opposing team, as happened last year at Dodger Stadium.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/10/04
  • justintheclown
Huh????

Edited 3/10/2004 11:16 pm ET by justintheclown
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/10/04
  • rrhondell
The A-Team is just this season's slogan. I don't think it's anything permanent or long-term. It beats Angel Nation. Yuck.

There will never be a Dodger Nation either. Maybe a Dodger Barrio....

• Reply to this Message
  • 3/11/04
  • bruinwithahalo
It should be the dodger IMAGInation. That way they can imagine that there not in last place!!
  • Reply to this Message